Aluminum trim pieces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aluminum trim pieces

Hi guys, are their two different types of aluminum trim for the m3? I ordered a new trim piece and it’s a few shades darker then the one that came on the car. FCP has it as (aluminum shadow). Here are the pics for example. Old right new left

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I know that that is the case with E9x. The m3 trim is slightly rougher, darker grain, and the non M is very light with little, shallow grain.

Could be the case for E46. I think thegenius46m and I discussed it recently, but I can't remember what he said about E46 nonM.

Being that these are hand made, and fairly old now, the differences could just be batch to batch, and not on purpose.
    DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
    /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
    More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Interesting that’s what I figured. I might have to buy a new radio trim piece to make it match possibly. But who’s to say that would match.

Comment

You have the correct one. Shadow brushed aluminum is for the M3 and brushed aluminum (completely different weave) is for non-m. You will need to buy the radio piece to get a match. Expecting 20yr old trim tio match that been exposed to the elements is very unrealistic. I have the same trim and always order the pieces together and have never had a problem with match.
        2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
        2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Are the Brushed shadow trim still available as a set, by which I mean every piece (even bought individually)? Ive been trying to find a decent set of trim to replace the peeling/bubbling trim in my car and would like one of the metal options.
          Last edited by Lee_Enfield; 11-19-2022, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Armrest drivers side is nla I believe, not sure about pass. side. Rears are available as are dash and HK speakers iirc.

Comment

Id order asap so if you get a damaged one there's still time to reorder before they stop accepting orders.

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Comment

Ordered a new piece over the radio to match the pass side trim and it’s the same shade as the old one. Aka lighter then the new pass side very inconsistent

Comment

New trim top. Old trim bottom

Comment

Hence the lifetime warranty. I'd email them the picture and process a return of the passenger side trim. That just looks like a bad piece or batch.

I have that trim in my car, and it's never looked like the dark grey color, even when it's dirty.

maw
                    Last edited by maw1124; 11-23-2022, 10:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post
                      Shadow brushed aluminum is for the M3 and brushed aluminum (completely different weave) is for non-m.
                      Are you sure about this? I’ve had E46s for over 20 years and have had/sold coupe brushed aluminum trim and they have always been the same. *The sedan however has brushed column.
                      Looking in the ETK it also shows the same from 316Ci to M3. If correct it should be easy enough to provide the different M3 vs non-M coupe aluminum trim. Hoping you could provide and clear this up.

6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by maw1124 View Post
                        Hence the lifetime warranty. I'd email them the picture and process a return of the passenger side trim. That just looks like a bad piece or batch.

I have that trim in my car, and it's never looked like the dark grey color, even when it's dirty.

maw
                        So first piece came damaged from fcp euro. They issued a return and shipped the new one out. In the mean time I ordered one from my bmw dealership. Both came in 2 days apart and both where the same color. So that’s 3 new ones I got and all the same color. Now I ordered a new radio piece to make it match and that came the same shade/color as the original. Is bmw not using the same manufacturer for both pieces?

Comment

Originally posted by Grke46m3 View Post

So first piece came damaged from fcp euro. They issued a return and shipped the new one out. In the mean time I ordered one from my bmw dealership. Both came in 2 days apart and both where the same color. So that’s 3 new ones I got and all the same color. Now I ordered a new radio piece to make it match and that came the same shade/color as the original. Is bmw not using the same manufacturer for both pieces?

What is the date code on each piece?

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post
                            Shadow brushed aluminum is for the M3 and brushed aluminum (completely different weave) is for non-m.
                            Can you give the different part numbers for this statement?
                            6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by old///MFanatic View Post
                              Can you give the different part numbers for this statement?
                              Driver- 51457895813
                              ​Middle- 51457895817
                              ​Passenger- 51457895815

Comment

Working...
                              X