ZCP Wheel pics of Valve Stem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ZCP Wheel pics of Valve Stem

Show me pics of your nice valve stems. Curious what options are available other than the standard black rubber. Anyone have BBS Chrome stems? Post links as well. Thanks!

I have some chrome-like valve stem covers on my old BBS wheels. The actual valve stems underneath are regular black rubber, though.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4151.jpg
Views:	383
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	192952

Comment

Either go with no caps (lowest rotational mass) or ///M logo caps. The latter are made with unobtanium and have certain aero advantages.

Name:	8exE3G.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	192955

Comment

Can you use tpms stems sans the sensors?
        I bought my car w/o factory wheels.
        Tire rack and competitors probably sell metal valve stems.

Comment

I don't have ZCP wheels but I have the BBS valve stems and they're quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Estoril View Post
            Either go with no caps (lowest rotational mass) or ///M logo caps. The latter are made with unobtanium and have certain aero advantages.

Name:	8exE3G.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	73.4 KB
ID:	192955
            Can you explain why the aftermarket ones go wonky from 100-150 at around 300-250?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post
              Can you explain why the aftermarket ones go wonky from 100-150 at around 300-250?

Sent from my Pixel 7 Pro using Tapatalk

The principle of inverse cyclical resonance at the sympathetic frequency of the valve stem cap diameter. This considers the small (but significant) volume of gas in the valve stem itself, separate from the air in the tire. When the valve stem has a volume of (for example) 3 mL and a pressure of 50,000 Pa, and the pressure of the oxygen component is increased from 33 psi to 38 psi due to the temperature rise from 74 degrees F to 92 F, the volume of gas contained in the valve stem V2 will equal 77.84mL (0.0778L), exacerbating the cylindrical imbalance.

Name:	fDOlLk.gif
Views:	357
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	193010

Comment

Man put the rummed up eggnog away lol
                2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                2005 BMW ///M3
                โ€‹ Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build โ€‹โ€‹
                2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

I donโ€™t have the metal valve stems, but have the BBS valve stem cover-caps.
                  6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

949 racing sells full metal valve stems. Been using them for years on my track car E36M3, been solid.

Enhance your racing performance with our supreme black anodized aluminum valve. Designed to provide peak efficiency. Order yours today at 949 Racing!

Comment

I've been using Napa Auto metal valve stems part # ECH 920447โ€‹ on my OE CSL for a few years without issue.

Comment

decided to stick with rubber stems and just get the BBS cap

Name:	image.png
Views:	177
Size:	634.8 KB
ID:	194186โ€‹

Comment

Those are different from mine posted, curious are those genuine BBS?
                          6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by old///MFanatic View Post
                            Those are different from mine posted, curious are those genuine BBS?
                            Yes, the cap is genuine BBS. The silver sleeve is separate and not by BBS. Yours appear to be a cap and sleeve together in one piece?

Comment

Originally posted by I M Legend View Post
                              Yes, the cap is genuine BBS. The silver sleeve is separate and not by BBS. Yours appear to be a cap and sleeve together in one piece?
                              Nice ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿป
                              Yep mine are the aluminum cap and sleeve one piece. I like because theyโ€™re painted same silver color as BBS wheels.
                              Ah I see BBS website looks like these are showing NLA.

Comment

Working...
                              X