PSA: Need someone with a spare 1 piece driveshaft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA: Need someone with a spare 1 piece driveshaft

I have dealing with a long term clunking and spingy feeling in my driveline that severely affects drivability, especially when coast down hills. I have tried so many things and it has not fixed the problem. So far, I have had the differential rebuilt, replaced the center support bearing, flex disc, and even put a brand new DMF and clutch. I even have a spare transmission on standby

My request: I’m looking to see if someone local around socal has a spare one piece driveshaft that I can test fit for troubleshooting purposes before I go and spend the money on a new one, I’m getting tired of shotgunning parts. I can come to you, or we can do it at my place, I’m willing to pay for your time, which we can discuss. But my idea is within a 2 or less day period, I install it, drive it for 5 minutes to find out if it fixed the problem, then take it off and give it back to you.

If anyone out there can assist me in this matter that would be amazing!

I should be replacing my driveshaft soonish if you want to try my old one out.
    Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
      I should be replacing my driveshaft soonish if you want to try my old one out.
      That could also work, assuming there is nothing wrong with it? I know I don’t necessarily NEED a 1 piece driveshaft, but if I’m going to spend money to replace it, I might aswell get a one piece

Comment

Not sure if you've looked into axles, but there can be a lot of play derived from those CV joints. I currently have a bad clunk, and i've traced it to play in my axle cv joints (both inner and outer)

Comment

Originally posted by Chanman1029 View Post

That could also work, assuming there is nothing wrong with it? I know I don’t necessarily NEED a 1 piece driveshaft, but if I’m going to spend money to replace it, I might aswell get a one piece
          You can get a nice carbon fiber one piece for $2100. Not sure if there is anything wrong with my driveshaft, about to put a fresh diff in and see what happens.

Originally posted by L0okitzRaj View Post
          Not sure if you've looked into axles, but there can be a lot of play derived from those CV joints. I currently have a bad clunk, and i've traced it to play in my axle cv joints (both inner and outer)
          You could clean and replace the axle cv joints, might help. New axles from Europe are like $1900 for a pair. That's what Rogue Engineering told me 😲
          Last edited by EthanolTurbo; 11-20-2022, 09:53 AM.
          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

I'd check the CVs on the driveshaft and axles. Inspect the ball bearings for flat spots. While off, remove all of the old, runny grease and repack with fresh wheel bearing grease. Might be time to replace the axle boots...not a bad idea at all.

I have a BNIB BMW driveshaft CV that I keep as a track spare that I am willing to part with if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by L0okitzRaj View Post
              I’m no expert, but I’ve inspected the axles and cant seem to see anything out of the ordinary, all the noises seem to come from the shaft. There is an extremely small amount of play in the drive shaft, but not very much. Hence why I wanna try and test a different driveshaft

Comment

Working...
              X