Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by maupineda View Post
    If it has rust, move on!
    I still have nightmare of rusted car! I was poor and my very first car was the Fiat F19 that nobody wanted, 2nd was the 1972 VW square-back which was perfect in college in those years. Graduated, got a job, and 3rd one was the 1973 3.0 CSi silver metallic which looked fantastic even with some small bubbles under the paint on the front fenders. The next week I spent a day to break up the bubbles and clean the rusted metal and added touch up paint. Very soon the little bubbles became inches long holes, especially around the strut towers. I stopped. It had cancer. Called the seller and he was such a nice guy, let me bought the solid body '74 Midnight Blue 3.0 CSi, or a 3.0 CSL still on the long bed truck. I didn't know much about the rare CSL and thought the bat wings and the racing paint on the car was too flashy and took the CSi instead. Never come near a rusted car again.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post
      Who knows if we even be able to drive these at all on public roads in 20 years.

nobody's coming for the E46 as long as new cars continue getting cleaner/safer

it's more realistic to ban the deadlier cars (pre-smog, pre-seatbelts) first and even that doesn't seem likely because of the point above

Comment

Working...
      X