The end of the road for me and my M3…

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The end of the road for me and my M3…

Sad day today for me as I got a call from my parents as I was at work that my M3 was hit by a distracted driver. I rushed back home to find my car was indeed hit and in pieces, front suspension damaged, bumper ripped off, radiator leaking… the person that hit my parked car was just standing there and taking pictures of my car but refused to give us their insurance information until their family came to assess the situation. I’m just in disbelief, 7 years of ownership and emotional attachment destroyed and ruined by someone who was probably on their phone texting or something.

damn .. sorry to see this.

what car did he drive that caused the damages like this? what speed..

Comment

Send pics of the driver side. That might not be totaled unless the tower is buckled.
      2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
      2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Originally posted by chalaka View Post
        damn .. sorry to see this.

what car did he drive that caused the damages like this? what speed..
        It was an older woman, she was driving I believe to be a 2018 Hyundai suv. She was probably going about 30 mph but was too close to the cars on the street and just happened to hit the front wheel and it caught with her wheel and the rest is history. There’s barely any damage to her car other than a broken axle

Comment

Originally posted by thegenius46m View Post
          Send pics of the driver side. That might not be totaled unless the tower is buckled.
          I was checking out the car a bit to see the total damage but tower seems fine. From what I could see it was a snapped coilover and lower control arm bushing torn off from the hub, maybe the axle too but I was too upset to check everything in detail. Just a lot of front end damage

Comment

Awful. Not surprised it was a Hyundai driver. Sorry for your loss but perhaps you could get her repaired and squared away?
            Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by erickhoyos View Post

I was checking out the car a bit to see the total damage but tower seems fine. From what I could see it was a snapped coilover and lower control arm bushing torn off from the hub, maybe the axle too but I was too upset to check everything in detail. Just a lot of front end damage
              If the frame is good, fix it. I imagine there's some undercarriage damage that may need to be pdr'd at the minimum.
              2003 E46 M3 TiAg/Cinnamon 6MT
              2005 E46 330i ZHP Imola/Sand

| Karbonius | Schrick | Supertech | Volk | Recaro | FCM | SuperSprint | Turner | Hyperco | GC | PFC | VAC | OMP | Radium Engineering | MPRacing |

Instagram:@thegenius46m

NorCal DME Programming and Coding Expert

Comment

Tis but a scratch. Hope you get it back on the road.
                E46 M3 | C7 RS7

Comment

Next time take a picture of their car’s VIN. This happened to me where someone rear ended me and did not want to give me their info. My insurance, State Farm at the time, was able to get their insurance info with that info.

Comment

That does not look like it's certainly totaled to me.

Not that it's useful now, but I'd call the police ASAP every time and photo document EVERYTHING.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                    2012 LMB/Black 128i
                    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

[She was probably going about 30 mph but was too close to the cars on the street and just happened to hit the front wheel and it caught with her wheel and the rest is history. There’s barely any damage to her car other than a broken axle​ [/QUOTE]
                      were your front wheels turned into the curb when parked? This exposed the back side of the wheel.

Comment

That sux, but almost anything is fixable as long as there's no frame/structural damage. Yrs. ago, I fubar'd (way worse than yours) the front of my old Lexus IS300 and it was totaled out...but I loved that thing and bought it back from my insurance company/fixed it, and I've been driving it ever since.

Comment

That's fixable for sure.

She'll be back!
                          2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
                          2005 BMW ///M3
                          Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build
                          2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
                          2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
                          2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by R1pilot View Post
                            Next time take a picture of their car’s VIN. This happened to me where someone rear ended me and did not want to give me their info. My insurance, State Farm at the time, was able to get their insurance info with that info.
                            I’ll make sure to remember this the next time something like this happens, hopefully it doesn’t

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
                              That does not look like it's certainly totaled to me.

Not that it's useful now, but I'd call the police ASAP every time and photo document EVERYTHING.
                              Believe me when I was mad when my parents and my sister both called and the operator told them it was not necessary for an officer to be out simply for the fact that no one was injured.

Comment

Working...
                              X