No announcement yet.

eBay Side Vent Badge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kinda makes me wonder how hard it would be to make something like this with all the modern diy home machines we have now.

A metal back painted black with a vinyl logo on it with UV resistant epoxy poured over it with it being shaped in a 3D printed mold and a Little sanding and a polish to finish.

I mean can't be hard, and can't hurt to try if you had the machines.

Comment

You can just use a rough pad and compound on an orbital polisher to bring them back to life. Cheap and easy.
      Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

I brought mine back to life with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser.

Did the job and still looks much better (but not new) 3 years later.

Comment

Sanded, polished then ceramic coated mine almost 1 year ago
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post
            You can just use a rough pad and compound on an orbital polisher to bring them back to life. Cheap and easy.
            But that just removes the haze. Most badges at this point have the /// stripes that have faded(see post above).
            Once you replace with new bright emblems it makes all the difference.
            6MT SLICKTOP - OE CSL Wheels - OE CSL Brakes - CSL Rack - CSL Trunk - CSL Diffuser - AA Tune - AA Pulleys- AS 40% SSK - 4.10 Motorsport Diff - Bilstein PSS9s - H&R Swaybars - CSL Lip - Gruppe M CF Intake - Supersprint - M Track Mode

Comment

Originally posted by old///MFanatic View Post
              But that just removes the haze. Most badges at this point have the /// stripes that have faded(see post above).
              Once you replace with new bright emblems it makes all the difference.
              True. But I try not to invest too much into them considering my left side vent likes to fly off randomly a couple times a year.
              Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Working...
              X