Check engine light, after hitting bump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check engine light, after hitting bump

Was driving today hit a hard bump. About 15 seconds later , the check engine light came on. Car running rough, with lack of power. Hit another bump check engine light came off, car ran smooth. I scanned for codes and got cylinder 5 misfire, that was a stored code.. So im thinking when I hit the bump it knocked something loose. Where should I start checking?

Cylinder 5 coil pack - check that the harness connector is fully seated and the coil pack itself is completely pushed down on the spark plug.

Comment

Ok I will and see how it goes.

Comment

Check connection of coils, all is intact. Switch cylinder 5 coil pack with cylinder 1. Still rough idle, drove car until the check engine light came on. Misfire cylinder 1. So the coil pack went out. So im going to change the coils and spark plugs.

Comment

Originally posted by M3powerzz View Post
          Check connection of coils, all is intact. Switch cylinder 5 coil pack with cylinder 1. Still rough idle, drove car until the check engine light came on. Misfire cylinder 1. So the coil pack went out. So im going to change the coils and spark plugs.
          Just change the bad coil, and save the old plugs if their tips are not worn down with "rounded" tips -- save $ and material.

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

Working...
            X