Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch Replacement Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch Replacement Help

I bought my 02 about a year ago and have begun my journey on DIY projects that don't require extensive experience. My shop told me I had a leaky oil pressure sensor/switch, which they called the "wondervalve". My search resulted in nothing when looking for this term, but luckily they had the part number in my account (12618611273). I came across this DIY for E46 (https://www.e46fanatics.com/threads/...switch.709214/), but quickly noticed after removing my airbox that our sensor is way deep under the intake manifold and I wasn't able to reach it, even after removing the power steering reservoir. Does anyone have experience with this DIY? I'm wondering if I need to remove the intake manifold. Any help would be appreciated!

The switch is on the back side of the oil filter housing. You also have the check the wire loom. Sometimes the oil pressure switch will leak into the engine harness and cause all sorts of issues. Its also a good way for a shop to f' you over and take your money...but worth checking.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
      The switch is on the back side of the oil filter housing. You also have the check the wire loom. Sometimes the oil pressure switch will leak into the engine harness and cause all sorts of issues. Its also a good way for a shop to f' you over and take your money...but worth checking.
      So I definitely have eyes on it and can see that some oil has leaked onto the pan (belly pan? Still learning all of our components). I just can’t reach it because of the big hose under under the intake manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by UncreativeNative View Post

So I definitely have eyes on it and can see that some oil has leaked onto the pan (belly pan? Still learning all of our components). I just can’t reach it because of the big hose under under the intake manifold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Intake manifold has to come off to get to it. Maybe some other stuff...not too bad. Might be worth replacing the oil filter housing gasket and oil cooler line o-rings. Some while you are in there things...belt tensioner & pulley, idler pulley, and suck out the PS reservoir and fill with fresh fluid.

Comment

Working...
        X