Calling all Valvetronics Section 3 Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling all Valvetronics Section 3 Owners

Really impressed by the sound clips I am hearing of this section 3. Did some research on the sub and noticed there aren't many people running it (or any that have posted a review). I'd love to hear from anyone that owns a Valvetronics section 3.

3" piping, sleek install with a small compressor to control the vacuum line, remote control open/close operation that responds really quickly to input. It's very throaty and deep. I see a lot of pros for the system.

My main concerns are drone. Section 3's appear to be the primary culprit for drone. I've shied away from the RE El Diablo due to it's reputation for droning. I'm between the Valvetronics section 3 and the SGT Scza for my section 3. I've had really bad luck with SGT in the past and hope to avoid buying an exhaust from them directly.

PardnM3's install and review of the system. His trunk and back seat are gutted - I'm sure it's much louder in his cabin than it is for most with a full interior:

Sound compilation from Valvetronics on their Youtube channel:

Curious as well - subscribed
    '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

I too am interested in this. I have a Megan racing supremo on mine at the moment (came with the car) but It drones and sounds just bad. I also get up fairly early for work and don't like the idea of waking up the neighborhoods as I drive by, so the option to tone it down is a plus. Sometimes if the coffee hasn't kicked in yet I also hate the noise...

Comment

Looks like kreissieg clone? Friend had a kreissieg on his e92 m3 and that thing wailed like a Ferrari it was insane. (So was the price lmao)

Comment

Hey guys, I'm running a valvetronic exhaust on my car and it's been great so far. The install was easy and the remote works well. Here are some sound clips.

So first this is the exhaust when I had just installed it with Euro headers and everything else stock - Valves open: https://streamable.com/z6srov

The thing absolutely ripped but in the midrange the sound was too raspy for my liking( I detest raspiness so much).

So since then I've done a lot of work to it to get rid of the rasp - custom sec 1 with dual 200 cel cats and a supersprint single resonated x-pipe. Glad to say this completely killed the rasp but it did lose a lot of that high pitched wail i loved - oh well i dont push the car to redline with valves open all the time so the tradeoff was worth it for me. Well fast forward to now and i installed a Karbonius CSL Airbox and i absolutely love the sound. So i find myself in valve closed mode most of the time because i want the airbox to shine. AWE46M3 finally got me off my ass to go record some sound clips so here they are....it was a last minute thing and i'm a noob at recording so please dont be too harsh.

Just the exhaust isolated w/ vales closed: https://youtu.be/JsKHsvtxmqA

Full exhaust sound with the CSL Airbox audio as well: https://youtu.be/oP4TCeazpHU

My final thoughts are that i think this is a great exhaust and the variability is pretty awesome. The tone changes a lot depending on what supporting pieces you have but over all a very nice clean and high pitched sound. Quality and packaging was great.​

Comment

Epic! 🥹 Sounds incredible.

Comment

Originally posted by crow4213 View Post
              Hey guys, I'm running a valvetronic exhaust on my car and it's been great so far. The install was easy and the remote works well. Here are some sound clips.

So first this is the exhaust when I had just installed it with Euro headers and everything else stock - Valves open: https://streamable.com/z6srov

The thing absolutely ripped but in the midrange the sound was too raspy for my liking( I detest raspiness so much).

So since then I've done a lot of work to it to get rid of the rasp - custom sec 1 with dual 200 cel cats and a supersprint single resonated x-pipe. Glad to say this completely killed the rasp but it did lose a lot of that high pitched wail i loved - oh well i dont push the car to redline with valves open all the time so the tradeoff was worth it for me. Well fast forward to now and i installed a Karbonius CSL Airbox and i absolutely love the sound. So i find myself in valve closed mode most of the time because i want the airbox to shine. AWE46M3 finally got me off my ass to go record some sound clips so here they are....it was a last minute thing and i'm a noob at recording so please dont be too harsh.

Just the exhaust isolated w/ vales closed: https://youtu.be/JsKHsvtxmqA

Full exhaust sound with the CSL Airbox audio as well: https://youtu.be/oP4TCeazpHU

My final thoughts are that i think this is a great exhaust and the variability is pretty awesome. The tone changes a lot depending on what supporting pieces you have but over all a very nice clean and high pitched sound. Quality and packaging was great.​

Wow - those sound clips turned out great. Thanks for taking the time to record the clips with the split audio. I think that settles it for me - going to give this Section 3 a shot.

Comment

Just going to leave this here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The car in the OP sounds like my car when it had catless headers and a literal muffler delete for a few hours. Didn’t sound great.
                  Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                  Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by Stilt View Post

Whoa…. What a find 😅

Comment

Just messaged the seller on Alibaba - they even include the compressor and remote Valvetronics sells

Click image for larger version

Name:	58456BEA-FE30-407B-9790-2263CCC34091.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	205549

Comment

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post
                        Just messaged the seller on Alibaba - they even include the compressor and remote Valvetronics sells

Click image for larger version

Name:	58456BEA-FE30-407B-9790-2263CCC34091.jpg
Views:	418
Size:	94.7 KB
ID:	205549
                        It’s nearly identical, except for some of the bracketry on the muffler bits and the engraving.

If anyone is interested in Megan headers, I found some on Alibaba, these are practically identical:

Titanium X Pipe:

And last but not least, the Alibaba special, CSL style trunk lid:

Comment

It’s nearly identical, except for some of the bracketry on the muffler bits and the engraving.

If anyone is interested in Megan headers, I found some on Alibaba, these are practically identical:
                          $185 for headers sounds nice, but the min order amount of 50 is a big oof. 😭
                          Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                          Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
                            $185 for headers sounds nice, but the min order amount of 50 is a big oof. 😭
                            I’ve previously messaged the seller and asked, said they can sell you just one set of headers, no need for 50. The only downside is shipping, the shipping is more than the header and I can not understand why, other sellers for diff goods, that weight more, are quoting me less for shipping.

Comment

100% Chinesium ebaytronic exhaust. Lol at the guys paying $2k for this goofy section 3 (looking at you, PardnM3).
                              Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Working...
                              X