Intermittent No Crank, 6MT car

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermittent No Crank, 6MT car

I may be losing my mind but I would have sworn in the past I've seen a factory 6MT car that would not crank with the shift lever in Neutral with the clutch pedal depressed. Shifting into any gear and keeping the clutch pedal depressed allowed the car to start (*the car had factory clutch switch coding requiring it to be depressed to start).

I have a client that described a similar issue and I can't recall what the fix was for the other car so hoping someone has seen this and I'm not just crazy, ha.

The issue has only presented it on one occasion and there are no faults stored, everything is working correctly at this time.
    '00 R11S, '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Gray 332iT (SOLD), '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Japan Rot 325iT
    Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
    Email to George@HillPerformance.com

The DME must sends the enable signal to the EWS to enable starting if DME gets the the clutch disengage signal. So I would check the clutch sw signal at the DME connector.

Comment

It's the other way around the ews gets the signal from the clutch switch. The s54 does not use a signal from the clutch switch, only the m54 has both the dme and the ews get the signal at the same time. Did the neutral switch and the reverse switch on the trans get switched around?

Comment

Working...
      X