Fuel Injector parts list.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fuel Injector parts list.

Looking to send my injectors out for a clean/test and am trying to get the parts list together. What seals will I need and what are the part numbers, and how many of each will I need?

Tried several parts websites but not sure if they are listing the rail to injector seal, or the injector to throttle body seal. Are they the same?

Just seeking clarification.

Thanks.

FWIW if you use RCinjection in CA they R&R all orings and give you the old ones back as well.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

That's actually who I was going to send them too. So they replace with all new seals? That works out.

I also Understand I will need to remove the air tube to access the fuel rail, what seals will I need for that?

Comment

Originally posted by Lee_Enfield View Post
        That's actually who I was going to send them too. So they replace with all new seals? That works out.

I also Understand I will need to remove the air tube to access the fuel rail, what seals will I need for that?
        Air rail orings:

2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
        Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
        Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
        RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
        Instagram

Comment

I sent my injectors for cleaning last year and learned that you'll need both the rail-to-injector and injector-to-throttle body seals. They are not the same; the sizes and shapes differ based on the injector and engine type. Unfortunately, I didn't get the improvement I was hoping for after the cleaning; the injectors were still not performing optimally, which led me to consider replacement.

After some research, I found great injection pump deals and decided to replace the injectors instead. I chose the Bosch 0280158096 model for my car, which I got at a very reasonable price, much better than the cleaning service costs. This replacement significantly improved my engine's performance and fuel efficiency.​
          Last edited by dpaul; 03-25-2024, 06:01 AM.

Comment

Working...
          X