Knock sensors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knock sensors

Since I am currently rebuilding my engine, I am also considering replacing the know sensors. Just because they are 20 years old now.

Does anyone know If the signal from the Bosch motorsport units is compatible with the Stock ECU?

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

When it comes to replacing ignition parts, use only what the car came with. With this in mind, the BMW online parts reference site Real OEM provides this info on this knock sensor.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	4FBB4AEF-B4CB-430A-97B0-921E6F718FF0.jpg
Views:	144
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	206236 Part Groups is the knock sensor with the corresponding part number.

Name:	3B72AE0E-503F-420E-9A50-D255C81F96ED.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	57.0 KB
ID:	206237
    The parts retailer ECS is a great site that shows discount pricing in U.S. dollars, and pictures of the part.

Name:	8756548F-3CCE-43DE-8DE5-A3EA40B67E81.jpg
Views:	121
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	206238

Name:	B05CC6E5-0B49-469E-A680-29AFDF485E3B.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	206239 Do not use any other parts unless they are other OEMs who make the part to BMW’s specifications. Just because a M3 uses Bosch parts and that “Motorsport” sensor is Bosch, this does mean it will work on the M3 simply because it’s a Bosch part - don’t use that “Motorsport” part.

Comment

also, the connector seems different too. as above, just get the original part.

Comment

According to the pictures on ECS, Siemens makes the sensor for BMW.

Comment

Siemens sold the VDO Division a while ago, should be Conti now.

So far Nobody has tried this, I won't be the first. OEM it is for now, at least until I get a a Bosch Motorsport ECU 😜

Gesendet von meinem Pixel 7 mit Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Altaran View Post
            Since I am currently rebuilding my engine, I am also considering replacing the know sensors. Just because they are 20 years old now.
            My advice is to leave the 20 yrs old good working sensors alone. They are not aged as those electrolytic capacitors.
            I think the knock sensors are micro-machine (tuning fork edged on silicone wafer substrate to pick up the vibration frequency with no wear and tear).
            Last edited by sapote; 02-20-2023, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
            X