Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Do the front seats not use hog rings?

Hey, all!

I want to replace the seat cover on my front seat. As a result, I've been scouring realoem to see what, if any, ancillary parts I'll need. I was expecting to see hog rings, but I don't see any on the parts diagram.

So... Has anyone taken the front seat covers off, both top and bottom? Can you confirm there aren't any hog rings involved? Anybody know what keeps the covers in place instead?

Thanks!

I have taken seats apart on 2 different E46 non-M's and both had plenty of hog rings so I would assume the M3 would have them as well.

2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

I would get 25 of them. They've been removed if they aren't there. It's so easy compared to Porsche hog rings. Get hog ring pliers that have a spring to hold the ring in the pliers. They changed my life. OC3 mat recalls were much faster. The edges of the leather will tighten and technically hold the leather however, you want those hog rings holding it. It's mostly obvious where they go. If OC3 mats weren't so expensive, I'd be doing it in my car but 06 M3s never fell under the recall for whatever reason.
      This is my Unbuild Journal and why we need an oil thread
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...nbuild-journal

"Do it right once or do it twice"

Comment

Working...
      X