Troubles Resembling Bellhousing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Troubles Resembling Bellhousing

Just got my machined bellhousing for my manual swap. But having a hard time getting to sit properly. It seems the rod from the transmission isn’t going into the new detent hole. Any tips? I circled the area where it’s not going in
    Attached Files

You’ve got the pins and ‘bearings’ on there when installing, right?

I found that the main shaft came through first, then I aligned two other bolt holes with dowel rods so that it slide on square enough.

have you tried that? Even a couple pencils wrapped in tape would work well enough as dowel rods I suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post
      You’ve got the pins and ‘bearings’ on there when installing, right?

I found that the main shaft came through first, then I aligned two other bolt holes with dowel rods so that it slide on square enough.

have you tried that? Even a couple pencils wrapped in tape would work well enough as dowel rods I suspect.
      Yes I have the pins and bearings on. It’s that shaft that’s slightly off that keeps it from pushing it in. In all the YouTube videos I saw it slides in easily. With the rods and bearings on it’s like a X shape. But the bellhousing side the X is a few degrees off so it’s not a perfect match. There’s barley any movement so it’s been a pain

Comment

Originally posted by Rod.bearings View Post

Yes I have the pins and bearings on. It’s that shaft that’s slightly off that keeps it from pushing it in. In all the YouTube videos I saw it slides in easily. With the rods and bearings on it’s like a X shape. But the bellhousing side the X is a few degrees off so it’s not a perfect match. There’s barley any movement so it’s been a pain
        Shifter in neutral?

Comment

Originally posted by tlow98 View Post

Shifter in neutral?
          This might be the issue. I’ll have to put the shifter on

Comment

This might be the issue. I’ll have to put the shifter on
            Worth a shot. I never tried assembling mine while in gear so not 100% sure it’ll help, but absolutely an easy step I’d cross off if I were getting the results you are.

Comment

It seems the rod from the transmission isn’t going into the new detent hole.​g in
              That is the 5/6th gear shift rod; move to 6 or neutral so the rod is less protruding. It has nothing to do with the new detent pins.

Comment

Thanks everyone. I just had to put it in neutral and it went in

Comment

nice!

Comment

Great. I said to try 6th or neutral, but only neutral works as any gears will cause the shift rod 4-bearing to tilt and misalign with the BH receiving arm which already set at neutral by the detent spring.

Comment

Working...
                    X