DME Codes 77 & 78, Need Help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DME Codes 77 & 78, Need Help.

Hey group, the EML Light came on during a spirited driving session in the M3.

On top of that, I have already thrown a Vanos code(B8), and I am pretty sure I need to replace the solenoid pack. 2 weeks ago, I threw an intake cam position sensor code, which I thought I fixed by replacing the sensor.

When fixing my cam shaft position sensor I used a non-specifically designated cleaner on a shop-paper towel to clean my ITBs since they were a bit dirty. In doing so, I articulated the throttle bodies via the actuator shaft and cleaned inside them as-well as the face of them.

Now, I have thrown 2 codes.

Is the Vanos code and the recent 77 & 78 codes related, or just coincidental?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Originally posted by Stilt View Post
    I threw an intake cam position sensor code, which I thought I fixed by replacing the sensor.

Now, I have thrown 2 codes.

Is the Vanos code and the recent 77 & 78 codes related, or just coincidental?
    Car threw the code or you threw the codes and how do you do that?
    VANOS code is not related to throttle 77 and 78. For these throttle code, have you tried to software reset the throttle after working on it?

Comment

Originally posted by sapote View Post
      Car threw the code or you threw the codes and how do you do that?
      VANOS code is not related to throttle 77 and 78. For these throttle code, have you tried to software reset the throttle after working on it?

My description may have been a bit convoluted, I meant to say that the car had “thrown a code” ( a code appeared).

My only concern is that these most recent codes appeared, a short period, after I had removed the air box to do the intake side cam sensor Which I did last week).

I have not attempted to reset them after working on them, I have not worked on them yet. I was trying to ask/ am asking for some insight into this situation if anyone has dealt with this already.

Comment

Could be the throttle pedal is failing, and because of that, agreement between it and the two throttle position sensors (TPS) is not correct. I've dug around this forum researching similar as I recently had some throttle codes, can't recall them but cleared and have not since returned. I'm anticipating replacing the two TPSs while I'm in there for some other things; they are relatively inexpensive.

Edit: I believe there is a procedure to reset throttle adaptations which may help; I don't know it to restate here, but I'm sure someone does.

Comment

I will attempt to do that as well as the Vanos adaptations as-well, and will get back to you on that, thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilt View Post
            My only concern is that these most recent codes appeared, a short period, after I had removed the air box to do the intake side cam sensor Which I did last week).
            Did you remove the throttle sensors during the intake removal? Those 2 sensors maybe out of sync and need to be aligned again by software reset.

Comment

Working...
            X