Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

420g Neutral Position Issue

Hello guys,

I wanted to get some experienced input and I'm hoping someone here with the experience can help. I have an AAF shifter I installed and the dowel pin that connects the shifter rod to the transmission fell out at the track and the car got stuck in gear. It's a pretty simple fix which I have already done but now the shifter feels different. It won't self center to 3-4 neutral position. I'm thinking the centering spring behind the bellhousing broke? This is an original manual transmission, not converted. Does anyone know where to buy just the centering spring?
    Last edited by enjoy_m3; 03-09-2023, 09:16 AM.

Originally posted by enjoy_m3 View Post
    Hello guys,

It won't self center to 2-3 neutral position. I'm thinking the centering spring behind the bellhousing broke?
    3/4 neutral.
    remove the shifter linkage off the tail shift rod, then the rod should rest against the 3/4 gate, then try to turn rod to 5/6, then 1/2, then R. Does it rotate and compress the detent springs as expected? If yes then the issue is on the shifter, not the springs.

Comment

ah yes, 3/4, thanks for correcting. Ok I'll give that a try. thanks for your input

Comment

Working...
      X