Suggestions for Dual-Purposed Coilovers for Tracking and Spirited Driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bavarian3 View Post
    Did you all notice any increase or benefit in steering feel with spherical bearing camber plates over stock or street style plates? EthanolTurbo elbert

I'm going to be piecing together a TCK DA set when they're back in stock and need to pick some plates.
    For me, there were too many variables changed at the same time to say how much came solely from the plates.

Comment

Originally posted by T-Rex View Post

Super helpful, thank you! I've been considering reverting my E46 back to daily duty now that I picked up a GT4 (and want to remove a car from the fleet), and also have the Hotchkiss front bar. Would you daily them? I'm on GC with 440/550 right now, which is a bit much for LA roads day to day.
      NP. Idk what LA roads are like, but some Austin roads are terrible and driving on them in any sports car sucked ass. But to me, the benefits outweighed the cons since most of my driving was done on decent roads. So yes, I would daily drive on the Ohlins. Worst case, you can switch out the 336/628 springs for softer springs.

I imagine the ride quality with the Ohlins and Nogaro seats in my M3 is similar to a GT4 with LWBS. But it’s been a few years since I last rode in a GT4 so I can’t say for sure….just basing this off the ride quality of my 981 GTS with X73 suspension and the 18 way seats.
      Silver Track to Street Car Journal
      Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Working...
      X