Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Previous gen CMP subframe brace + Pruetech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Previous gen CMP subframe brace + Pruetech?

Originally sent the below to the owner of CMP, have not heard back so was wondering if I could get feedback from the forum. I think I could cut two holes through his brace to install the Puretech, but I’m concerned about how thick it is and its structural integrity afterwards. My primary desire is to increase overall chassis rigidity (some may recall my post on welding a plate over the rear seat pass through to emulate E46 sedans’ better rigidity with no rear seat fold down). I’m a leaning towards Puretech now as it is simpler, cheaper, and reversible. I have his set up in the pic below minus the brace that tires together the shock towers.

“I purchased and installed your previous generation subframe brace. It was the CMP E46 Topside Beam Kit - RACP 1 Reinforcement - With Holes x 1, CMP E46 Front Mount Extension Kit - RACP Reinforcement. I would now like to install a rear brace to tie this lower brace into my rear shock tower mounts, in order to gain some of the structural rigidity that the E46 sedans with no rear seat pass through have. However you no longer sell your rear brace, and in order to install other braces like Puretech’s from Sweden I would have to drill a while through yours to access the subframe bolts. What would you recommend I do, would doing that significantly reduce the stiffness of my existing brace? Thanks.​“

‘04 M3

Anybody have a good contact email for CMP, I am having trouble finding one?
    ‘04 M3

Comment

Bump for CMP contact info
      ‘04 M3

Comment

They are fairly quick to respond
        Info@cmpautoengineering.com

Comment

Thanks
          ‘04 M3

Comment

Hey mate,

Sorry for not replying to your email yet. I've been trying to wrap up a few projects and have fallen behind on them.

I'll reply to your email and answer all your questions soon however, in short I still have all the CAD files for the old brace and am happy to share them for free if you'd like to get a 6-point race brace cut locally.

The pure tech brace will align with the subframe mount which has the tube above it with the rear beam likely being too tall. I'm wrapping up these projects tonight so I should be a lot more available in the near future.

Regards,
            Cayn.

Comment

Great thank you Cayn - very helpful!
              ‘04 M3

Comment

Hey peeps, I have not been able to get a hold of Cayn over the past few months about the old 6 point brace. Kinda sad because he said the CAD files would be available but I figure can just make my own. Anyone know the thread size to bolt into the topside beam? Any other measurements (plate thickness, tubing diameter) would be greatly appreciated as well.

Comment

Working...
                X