Carbon Fiber Fog Light Delete

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carbon Fiber Fog Light Delete

or US market bumpers - wanting to remove fog lights and put in a carbon piece that has just one hole for braking

Mk Motorsport in Germany and there are a few other options. Hard Motorsport has an ABS version as well.

Comment

Thanks will look at MK

it’s for bling vs performance

Comment

Bimmerworld has CF ducts. which is, I used 3m adhesive glue versus screws/rivets

Comment

Originally posted by Tonggi View Post
          Bimmerworld has CF ducts. which is, I used 3m adhesive glue versus screws/rivets
          Thank you - what did you do about the ducts? Notes says stock work work? Can they be cut or altered to work? Not going to run hosed brake ducts - this old girl will never see the track

Comment

Originally posted by audipwr1 View Post

Thank you - what did you do about the ducts? Notes says stock work work? Can they be cut or altered to work? Not going to run hosed brake ducts - this old girl will never see the track
            You have to remove the fog lights and cut them out to fit properly. They fit in my oem bumper no problem

Comment

I am giving serious consideration to using these deletes as I never use the fog lights on my car. I was thinking of cutting the deletes and mating them to the OEM brake ducts as the deletes run a 3" hole and the stock brake duct seems massive.

Anyone know if you have to modify the stock bumper to run the fog light deletes or are they plug in play?

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post
                I am giving serious consideration to using these deletes as I never use the fog lights on my car. I was thinking of cutting the deletes and mating them to the OEM brake ducts as the deletes run a 3" hole and the stock brake duct seems massive.

Anyone know if you have to modify the stock bumper to run the fog light deletes or are they plug in play?
                i had to trim a bit but ultimately i had them riveted on. clean look IMO. not the best picture but what i could find.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20220403_082749.jpg
Views:	234
Size:	273.5 KB
ID:	217970
                '06 Carbon Black
                Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoPolo View Post

i had to trim a bit but ultimately i had them riveted on. clean look IMO. not the best picture but what i could find.

What did you trim? Did the modifications permanently alter the bumper?

Comment

Originally posted by bmw m3 s50 View Post

What did you trim? Did the modifications permanently alter the bumper?
                    my shop did the work but what will need to be trimmed is the plastic that holds the fog lights in place.
                    so yeah, that is a permanent altering. refer to this image i found online of a stock bumper

Name:	526914_x800.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	218114
                    '06 Carbon Black

Comment

Originally posted by MarcoPolo View Post

Just out of curiosity, is there not a way to epoxy these onto the back of the bumper to avoid the visible rivets?
                      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Just out of curiosity, is there not a way to epoxy these onto the back of the bumper to avoid the visible rivets?
                        i imagine that's an option. the rivets are included so they were designed with this in mind. if you look at earlier revisions, they had the ducts attached to the bumper support.
                        check this video i found: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25agLnM9M30
                        '06 Carbon Black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

Depending on who sells the ducts most of them are epoxied.

I've never seen this one with exposed rivets.
                          2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Working...
                          X