Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rear window opens on its own…what’s failing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear window opens on its own…what’s failing?

Out for a drive tonight, rolled up my window and noticed my rear left window was open (out), thought i must have hit the button when I rolled down my driver’s window, closed it.

A couple on minutes later I hear a wind noise and look in the rear view mirror and the window is fully open again. I closed it again. A few minutes later…again, fully open. I closed is again and also closed the sunroof and it didn’t happen again.

The window actuator is working and tight, I tried pushing the window out from the inside and it won’t move. So something was telling the actuator to open. Thinking GM5 module? Could having the sunroof open somehow mess up the window circuit or was it a coincidence that it stopped after I closed the sunroof?

TIA

I'd start with the switch and swap in another one to test. If it is not that, then have to look at the GM5.
    Last edited by Slideways; 05-17-2023, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Pull the switch and put a meter on it.

Comment

Thanks guys, I'll start with the switch but I suspect it's the GM5, my fuel door stopped unlocking a couple of years ago. After replacing the actuator for it, it still won't unlock, so the GM5 is on my list of parts to look for.

Comment

Working...
        X