Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Repainting my front bumper and hood...

Hi guys,

I've put this off for a few years now due to school and stuff and now it's about time my M3 gets the love it needs. I can't understand why a car I bought with 14,000 miles that now has 30,000 looks like the front hood and bumper was sandblasted but I want it looking good as new again. I have a reputable shop I've used on my alpine white E92 a couple times and have always been happy with results so I plan on going there next week for an estimate. I've been out of the detail/paint game for a while and don't know what's the newest things going on and I want to be well prepared and informed.

Any questions I should ask or suggestions on things I should verify before leaving my car?

not on topic of painting... but after painting you should PPF the front clip to prevent that from happening again.

Comment

If the shop has your trust that is all that matters. Who is painting is far more important than what brand the paint is. In another life I worked in body shop for a good long while and this is the truth. Emphasize that you want the closest possible color match and for them to do what it takes to achieve that. Estimate should be detailed concerning R&R and exactly what is being painted and blended. Our estimates were extremely detailed.
      Last edited by oceansize; 05-20-2023, 10:43 AM.
      3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Do you have any pictures of the hood and bumper? I've mentioned this in another thread on the same topic, but it is worth $50 of Dr Colorchip to fill in all the stone chips. It will only fill in the chip and won't leave the excess paint like regular touch up paint. And it can be used very liberally. This is the route I would go if it is original paint.

Comment

Working...
        X