CMP Camber Arms Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CMP Camber Arms Review

Looking for reviews from personal experiences with performance and durability. Are the rod end boot effective?

I have them sitting in a box, not yet installed, but have had a good look at them.
    I think the boot would be effective yes, especially since the arms sit in a recessed area in the subframe which probably eliminates a lot of road dirt already.

If you are worried about the exposed bearing, perhaps look at the Bimmerworld ones, those are sealed. There probably are other brands too with a sealed OE like ball joint.
    E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
    E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
    E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

On the car for a couple of thousand miles. No problems or complaints. The inner boots seem to be holding up fine.

D-O
      Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Originally posted by bmwfnatic View Post
        I have them sitting in a box, not yet installed, but have had a good look at them.
        I think the boot would be effective yes, especially since the arms sit in a recessed area in the subframe which probably eliminates a lot of road dirt already.

If you are worried about the exposed bearing, perhaps look at the Bimmerworld ones, those are sealed. There probably are other brands too with a sealed OE like ball joint.
        Ground Control control arms also have a sealed bearing. Adjuster is on the outside, too, which makes adjustment easier.
        Silver Track to Street Car Journal
        Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

I have the GC's as well, they are legit. No issues.
          Last edited by oceansize; 05-25-2023, 06:35 PM.
          3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

I have the Turner arms which has the adjuster near the outer end which makes camber adjustments much easier. Unless the adjuster is towards the outer end then it partly defeats the purpose of a rear camber arm.

Unfortunately the rod end with the turner arms didn't last long so I switched to a bushing.

Comment

Running GC’s as well. Can’t go wrong with them imo
              2003.5 BMW M3 Carbon Schwarz Metallic/Cinnamon 6 Speed – HTE Tuning | Kassel CSL DME | AA Headers | AA Section 1 | SS Resonated Section 2 | SS Race Section 3 | TMS V2 CSL Airbox | TMS Street Plates | Ohlin’s R&T Coilovers | Ground Control Front and Rear Sways | Ground Control Adjustable Camber Arms | DMG Autosport Pro46R | FreakyParts BBK Front | Porsche 996 Conversion Rear | CMP Stage 1 + 1.5 Reinforcement Plates | CMP Subframe Bushings | CMP RTAB’s | SGT CSL Bumper | SGT CSL Trunk | Dr VANOS

Comment

Good input from all! Glad to see positive experiences with GC as I didn’t consider them.

Comment

Not having run adjustable arms on the e46, what is the main issue with having the adjuster in the center? Seems like the logical place to put it imo for a couple reasons, but I'd like to hear why before I install this set of ECS arms I've had laying around for a few years now...

Comment

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post
                    Not having run adjustable arms on the e46, what is the main issue with having the adjuster in the center? Seems like the logical place to put it imo for a couple reasons, but I'd like to hear why before I install this set of ECS arms I've had laying around for a few years now...
                    You have to loosen jam nuts to make a camber adjustment. The further inboard the jam nuts are, the more difficult it is to get to the nut to loosen and tighten.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post
                      You have to loosen jam nuts to make a camber adjustment. The further inboard the jam nuts are, the more difficult it is to get to the nut to loosen and tighten.
                      Ok, so just hardware accessibility and it looks to be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by fattycharged View Post

Ok, so just hardware accessibility and it looks to be ok.
                        Yup. My only other concern might be the inner jam nut on the left side. Heat from the exhaust could possible cause the hardware to seize if the arm is aluminum. The hardware will be steel, dissimiliar metals will cause corrosion.

Comment

Working...
                        X