SMG Woes - Need Assistance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use Mike BMW tools and works great. Download link:

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

all you need is a K+DCAN cable.

Otherwise bite the bullet and get the schwaben/foxwell with the BMW tools on it.

I don't like the pump/bleed tools on the Schwaben but for reading codes and seeing live data its clutch.

Comment

You need this cable. You need this software (BMW and Mini Diagnostic Software) for $50. Has everything you need including the full suite of SMG utilities within INPA, two versions of DIS, Tool32, WinKFP, etc. Of course you also need a Windows laptop. You can also try Mike's BMW Tools which is free but I don't have a valid link and I don't know what it does or doesn't have.

Where do you live? It is possible someone might be able to recommend a shop.​
      Really appreciate your help. I live in the Fresno/Clovis area in California. So I'd be open and grateful to meeti up with someone in the central valley area and learn a thing or two. Really stumped and if I'm honest, pretty intimidated to start running diagnostics software without knowing what I'm doing. Gotta have my hand held I guess haha.

Comment

I use Mike BMW tools and works great. Download link:

https://mega.nz/#!kAASwa7I!AJLVnnEBw...2BsZofE-TBYGmk

all you need is a K+DCAN cable.

Otherwise bite the bullet and get the schwaben/foxwell with the BMW tools on it.

I don't like the pump/bleed tools on the Schwaben but for reading codes and seeing live data its clutch.​

Thank you. I'm still not driving the car and been putting off buying a laptop and this software. i need to just do it but it's a little intimidating to jump in when I don't really know what I'm doing. I'm hopeful someone knows of a talented shop in the Fresno/Clovis area in California that can walk me through it.

Comment

Working...
        X