OEM Windshield Part number

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM Windshield Part number

I need a new windshield for my 01 M3, however my car originally came with Rain Sensor only. I'm looking for the part number for the windshield on a later model M3 that has the Rain & Light Sensor. I've already replaced my LCM and i have the sensor, but since i need a new windshield anyway, i'd like to get one with the correct IR filter for the RLS sensor so i can have automatic headlights.

I've looked on RealOEM and getbmwparts, etc, however the descriptions only say rain sensor, nothing about RLS or even mentioning the Rain & Light sensor. I don't care about the climate comfort either, as I'll have my local tint shop throw some XR Plus 70% after the glass is replaced.

Can anyone help me out to make sure i get the correct glass?

Thanks!

Skip to 8 min -

Comment

Thank you for that! However I prefer to not have the climate comfort as I understand it blocks radar detector signals and toll tag signals. I will simply tint my windshield with Xpel XR Plus 70 to block heat, once it’s installed.

does anyone happen to have the part number for the non climate comfort windshield for vehicles WITH RLS, (rain AND light sensor) for automatic headlights and auto wipers.

Comment

Originally posted by MyFault View Post
        Thank you for that! However I prefer to not have the climate comfort as I understand it blocks radar detector signals and toll tag signals. I will simply tint my windshield with Xpel XR Plus 70 to block heat, once it’s installed.

does anyone happen to have the part number for the non climate comfort windshield for vehicles WITH RLS, (rain AND light sensor) for automatic headlights and auto wipers.
        Ah, I thought you said something about IR.

It says something about "national version", but I think that is supposed to be No. You'll also need the rain sensor with light sensor - 61356923954. Used ones should be fairly cheap.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 10.36.31 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	59.8 KB ID:	223908
        Last edited by Slideways; 06-30-2023, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post

Ah, I thought you said something about IR.

It says something about "national version", but I think that is supposed to be No. You'll also need the rain sensor with light sensor - 61356923954. Used ones should be fairly cheap.

Click image for larger version Name:	Screen Shot 2023-06-30 at 10.36.31 PM.png Views:	0 Size:	59.8 KB ID:	223908
          Thank you!
          I was about to post, asking about that part number after digging deeper and searching for a 2006 windshield, after finding out all 2006 had the RLS. Was confusing because all the descriptions say rain sensor only, and nothing about light.

Thank you again!

Comment

Working...
          X