Bent Valve Cover Gasket - Usable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bent Valve Cover Gasket - Usable?

I purchased a BMW Genuine valve cover gasket for the S54 from FCP Euro. The package arrived but there was a huge crease on the middle of the box, which unfortunately, went straight through and bent the valve cover gasket in the middle. I contacted FCP Euro and sent them pictures, and customer service responded, "Looking at the photos you sent in, the bend is not enough top be a problem when installing the part, it should flatten out to its intended shape when installed on the car. We believe the part is good to install!​"

Can you guys give me your thoughts or opinion on this matter? Is FCP Euro customer service correct? I can't imagine oil won't start leaking from the bend once the oil gets to operating temperature even though it "looks flat."

Thanks for all your help. This forum has been an immense source of information to me. Created my account today!

That should be fine just bend it back straight

Comment

With the bend, the pin at the VCG may not sit correctly at the head
      Especially when you're trying to put the VC back, you really can't see the fuel rail side and may possibly move the pin out of the blind hole.
      Try to take this to FCP and see what they say.

Comment

Once the valve cover is clamped down, the bend won't make a difference. Bend back, lay it down as best as possible and tighten down fasteners evenly starting from the middle of the valve cover and working outward.
        Last edited by Slideways; 07-04-2023, 12:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X