Views:	197
Size:	915.7 KB
ID:	225118
    Click image for larger version

Name:	rear cameras.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	225117

There is also the Michael Mann Ferrari movie coming. I don't have high hopes for either, but will probably go see them. F1 isn't that interesting these days, so I don't know how good a movie of it could be. And casting Adam Driver, who played that awful Star Wars villain, as Enzo in that other one is ridiculous. But it is nice to remember people like Peter Collins, Alfonso de Portago, and Piero Taruffi-who wrote the great "Technique of Motor Racing" book. The drivers used to be so interesting.

Comment

On this topic; Michael Fassbender’s Road to LeMans is pretty fantastic.

Comment

Originally posted by 01SG View Post
        There is also the Michael Mann Ferrari movie coming. I don't have high hopes for either, but will probably go see them. F1 isn't that interesting these days, so I don't know how good a movie of it could be. And casting Adam Driver, who played that awful Star Wars villain, as Enzo in that other one is ridiculous. But it is nice to remember people like Peter Collins, Alfonso de Portago, and Piero Taruffi-who wrote the great "Technique of Motor Racing" book. The drivers used to be so interesting.
        Regulations killed the sport, specifically how they interfere with driving the car past their limits. I guess safety comes to mind but I'll definitely be watching the F1 film, I've gone to the Abu Dhabi GP almost every year they've hosted them. Next stop will be COTA and/or Miami. I wanted to check out Las Vegas in November but with the prices through the roof, I'll skip out on that one, let them work out all the bugs first.

Comment

Regulations, the loss of the naturally aspirated noise for turbos that aren't nearly as wild as they were in the 80s, and long ago the manual.

​​​​​​Also the commercialization. That is a big part of it. I think it was Jackie Stewart who said the drivers used to go and party and get girls after the race, and now they have to do corporate events for the sponsors.

That the drivers are all molded from a young age with karting and never have real lives is another reason. They don't have that larger than life persona anymore. Not like Fangio, who grew from mechanic to world champion. De Portago was part of the Spanish aristocracy. Olivier Gendebien fought in the Belgian resistance during the Second World War. They were fascinating people.

That said, I've still been planning to catch the race at Montreal sooner or later. Vegas and Miami are just too expensive.
          ​​​

Comment

Originally posted by WestBankM4 View Post

Regulations killed the sport, specifically how they interfere with driving the car past their limits. I guess safety comes to mind but I'll definitely be watching the F1 film, I've gone to the Abu Dhabi GP almost every year they've hosted them. Next stop will be COTA and/or Miami. I wanted to check out Las Vegas in November but with the prices through the roof, I'll skip out on that one, let them work out all the bugs first.
            The ticket prices and limited availability for Vegas were absurd, plus the track layout looks mediocre. For the price of attending Vegas the lady and I got grandstand tickets and flights to Suzuka, and we'll get a 2 week vacation out of it to boot.

COTA on the other hand has always looked like a cool race to attend. The layout / elevation changes apparently offer viewing angles of multiple sections of the track if you choose the right seats.
            '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
            All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

Working...
            X