Karbonius CSL Airbox Boot Fitment Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Karbonius CSL Airbox Boot Fitment Question

Wrapping up the install of the airbox and while installing the airbox onto the throttle bodies I noticed that the boots on the throttle side slide right on without issue; way to easily IMO. There's also a little play around the diameter of the throttle body and boot. I haven't attempted to clamp them down yet, because they're a bitch to install and I only want to do this once. Any one else experience this or is that just how it is? I expected a snug fit and its hardly that. I have an 06' so the parts I sourced are as follows:

- (6) 11-61-2-466-477 TB boots (supersedes 11617830265)
    - (6) 11-61-7-830-306 Clamps for airbox side
    - (6) 11-16-7-831-745 Clamps for TB side (originals weren't salvageable)

Looking for input from those that either experienced/noticed the same thing and from those that did not. Is it fine and will get corrected once the clamps are attached?

I thought there were 2 different sizes for the boots and you'd have to make sure to get the right size or am I remembering this incorrectly? I think the later cars had a different size boot than the CSL so boots from an early car are required? Please someone correct me here.

Regards

Comment

2005/2006 boots don't fit.

If the ...477 boots you bought are pre 05, correct for csl, then you prob just need to lube them and use some force to get them on.

Oe boot price has become absurd. Turner has good replacements for much less. Or, buy a cheap, dirty smg manifold, and harvest its early boots.
      Last edited by Tbonem3; 07-17-2023, 04:39 PM.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

For an 05-06 car you will need the early 477/265 boots, so those look correct.

Early cars came with skinnier boots (above in pic), late cars came with wider mouth boots (bottom in pic).

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using Tapatalk

Youtube DIYs and more

All jobs done as diy - clutch, rod bearings, rear subframe rebush, vanos, headers, cooling, suspension, etc.

PM for help in NorCal. Have a lot of specialty tools - vanos, pilot bearing puller, bushing press kit, valve adjustment, fcab, wheel bearing, engine support bar, etc.

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
          X