Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doors unlock randomly, GM5 module already repaired.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doors unlock randomly, GM5 module already repaired.

So after driving to work, i get out and lock my car, i hear the beep, the lights blink, and press the remote the second time to set the factory alarm.

Around maybe 8 minutes later i check and it unlocked itself. It beeped and blinked as it would when i would remote unlocked it. I'm sure i did not press the remote. Left it alone for a while, went to lunch and parked and locked it again. Come back outside to check when i had time, and same thing, it was unlocked. First the driver side, i didnt re-lock it because i dont want to drain the battery, but happens to both sides eventually the passenger side unlocks also. I dont keep locking it because it'll keep unlocking after a while then the car wont go to sleep and drain my battery.

Things I've checked:
    -Gm5 module been repaired by Scott about 2-3 years ago.
    -The center console switch with hazard button works on command.
    -The remote key unlocks/locks on command.
    -The 3 central locking fuses (49, 52, 60) looked good.

Things I've done recently, pre cat o2 sensor, monoball rtabs, ball joints, tie rods, wheel bearings, etc.

I've searched and read mostly on e46fanatics, but couldn't find anyone with the same issue resolving it.
    I came up with either door actuator failing or a flat battery. I have 1 year and 4 months on the used h7 lead acid battery i have now, I'll replace it with an agm, but doubt it'll fix the issue.

I dont have INPA or ISTA, just a regular OBD scanner.

If i lock my car and unplug the battery when its parked until i can solve this, would that be ok?
    Any ideas would be helpful. Btw electrical is not my forte, but I'm willing to learn, thanks.​

Before replacing battery, put it on a charger for 24 hrs to really top it off. I was doing a lot of shorter trips and there was periods where the car sat for 1-2 weeks at a time. I had some electrical gremlins with the alarm going off sporadically (changed hood switch, tit sensor, ultrasonic sensor in cabin without effect), put the ctek on it over the weekend and those gremlins disappeared. Difference symptoms than yours, but it's cheap to try.

Comment

Working...
    X