PSA - Lifetime Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PSA - Lifetime Replacement

Not sure if this was brought up anywhere on this forum but ECS, Pelican Parts, and Turner are offering lifetime replacements now too. No comment on ECS vs FCP. Just putting it out there that this option is available now.
    2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Anthracite Impuse
    Fabspeed Headers | Euro Sec 1 | OE Sec 2 | Scorpion Sec 3 | Beisan | Mini Battery | Fortune Auto 7k/12k | Hotchkis Front SB | Apex ARC-8 18x9.5 | Yellow Tag Rack

2001 TiAG M3 - 6mt Coupe, Black Nappa Leather
    Karbonius | Supersprint | Cat Cams | Beisan | Fikse Wheels | Mile End Composites | AST 5200 | Hotchkis | Brembo | Recaro | Rouge SMF | RTD | Yellow Tag Rack | HTE Performance

Yeah, I saw their advertisement for that a few days ago, I haven't personally read the fine print but someone told me that their mew replacement policy is similar if not the same as the current FCP warranty.

I hate to not use FCP but ECS does often have a bit better prices.
    2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Comment

Originally posted by Cubieman View Post

I hate to not use FCP but ECS does often have a bit better prices.
      I always figured FCP's prices were higher so they could afford to offer the lifetime warranty. I wonder if ECS/Turner will keep their prices as is or eventually match FCP's?

Comment

They can all go to hell with their lifetime replacement plans and the stupid reward points or store credit they want to give you on top of 10 different clever ways to screw you over.

I buy from whoever has the lowest prices. And if I want a real lifetime plan then I get parts from autozone.
        2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
        2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

ECS owns Turner and Pelican, so it's kind of one thing.

Looks like they don't cover fluids, unlike FCP.

... and not retroactive to purchases you've already made.

They must have been losing customers to FCP fast. I pretty much have stopped buying anything anywhere else, because after using them this long... almost everything I need on the car is free at this point.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
          2012 LMB/Black 128i
          2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
            ECS owns Turner and Pelican, so it's kind of one thing.

Looks like they don't cover fluids, unlike FCP.

... and not retroactive to purchases you've already made.

They must have been losing customers to FCP fast. I pretty much have stopped buying anything anywhere else, because after using them this long... almost everything I need on the car is free at this point.
            Just out of curiosity, what does it typically cost you to ship ~6L of oil back to FCP?

Comment

Originally posted by mtpktz View Post

Just out of curiosity, what does it typically cost you to ship ~6L of oil back to FCP?
              Not sure it’s relevant— I ship through my company so pay a vastly discounted rate. I also never do 6– I do it every 2-3 years, for all the cars at once… so it’s always more like 80 bottles at once.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
              2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

I used to return oil when paypal offered free return shipping. I havent done so since they stopped. I purchased OEM diff fluid years ago from FCP and its come in handy on two different returns!

ECS doesnt offer lifetime replacement on everything. Most fluids do not qualify.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post

Not sure it’s relevant— I ship through my company so pay a vastly discounted rate. I also never do 6– I do it every 2-3 years, for all the cars at once… so it’s always more like 80 bottles at once.
                  I am just picturing a 600lb pallet of used parts and waste oil showing up at FCP and everyone shakes their head "must be Obioban again..."

Comment

With FCP, you have to pay the difference in cost for a part that increased in price. Not terrible, but you do need to factor this in on certain items.

Comment

“Customers who return misused, incorrectly installed, modified items or return items before they have failed or are fully-used, will not be eligible for the Lifetime Replacement Program.

This is the fine print you need to worry about. Send back a brake pad with 1/32th of life left and they might say sorry, that isn’t “fully used”
                      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                        “Customers who return misused, incorrectly installed, modified items or return items before they have failed or are fully-used, will not be eligible for the Lifetime Replacement Program.

This is the fine print you need to worry about. Send back a brake pad with 1/32th of life left and they might say sorry, that isn’t “fully used”
                        I think its more for the "preventive maintenance" folks sending back perfectly good radiators with 50k on them.

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

FCP isn't unfair, this is fine print for the guy that is taking advantage of the policy...which as always, people find creative ways to manipulate any system like this

Comment

I don't post much but I'm truly baffled that so many folks are upset about no longer being able to trade in used oil and brake pads.

Comment

Originally posted by discoelk View Post
                              I don't post much but I'm truly baffled that so many folks are upset about no longer being able to trade in used oil and brake pads.
                              … FCP still does that…?

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
                              2012 LMB/Black 128i

Comment

Working...
                              X