• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chassis mounted shifter

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	391
Size:	194.3 KB
ID:	22852 Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	92.1 KB ID:	22850 Anybody experimented with shifter locations? I have IRP shifter that is really notchy in 1st and 2nd. I'm not sure if it's just how it's going to be, or if moving it left or right would help. I used the 10mm rear stock stud and added the two mounting positions on the fire wall side to position it thinking that centered should be the spot but now I'm not sure. That shift from 1st to 2nd is hard to get perfectly, I kind of need to pull the shifter back but at a angle to the passenger side it feels like. Works ok but I'm thinking maybe it could be fine tuned to be smoother? It's hard to do super fast, all other gear changes are good. I also had a chassie mounted shifter in my turbo e30 and it wasn't like this.
    Last edited by Ob917; 05-09-2020, 07:44 AM.

Sorry for the late response but I am having the same issue with my new Coolerworx Chassis mounted shifter. Getting into first, but especially 2nd is a chore. Did you end up having a fix for this? At this point, I am thinking it may be my motor mounts? Not sure.

Comment

Working...
    X