Brushed Aluminum Refinishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brushed Aluminum Refinishing

Anyone ever refinish or paint over their aluminum trim? Mine is currently pitted and scratched from years of use. If I had one of the factory painted trims then it would be a no brainer to send it to TexaZ3. I am not really stuck on keeping it the aluminum but looking through both forums and eBay show that a cheap set of Titan is still $250-$400. That price doesn't even include the refinishing it would need.

At some point I'll get around to doing the 3M DI-NOC wrap in brushed aluminum that's a reasonable approximation of the original. But my car is a high mileage DD so I take a good-enough approach when it comes to aesthetics vs. the mechanical stuff. Not to mention the originals clearly weren't the greatest construction considering how fragile they are.
    Last edited by dukeofchen; 08-17-2023, 01:14 PM.
    '04 LSB Coupe 6MT
    All my money goes towards maintenance.

Comment

If the car actually gets used, the AL trim will get some marks on it. The ones I have seen are not bad enough to warrant replacing or refinishing. The seatbelt will hit the door trim eventually. As duke said, take the good-enough approach on this unless you find a used one in better condition.

Comment

I have a set (8pcs) of Aluminum trim for a coupe I might consider selling.

I'd give the set as a whole an 8/10, mostly because there is some pitting on the arm rests from the seatbelt hitting them. The other more visible pieces (dash trim, shift surround, etc) are in good shape. PM me if you're interested.

Comment

Working...
        X