New M3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New M3

I'm looking to buy an M3 in the future and I was wondering what people suggest for basic replacement stuff besides engine components, stuff just to make the car feel new and better. Obvisloudy with a car some stuff will need replacing before others.

Brake fluid flush/bleed, transmission oil, diff oil (use BMW unicorn blood diff oil only). Replace suspension bushings, Front control arms, brake and clutch lines, VANOS line, fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs, drive belts and idlers/tensioners. Clean battery terminals and ground points. Perform a smoke test to check for intake leaks. Check the alignment, shifter bushings, motor mounts and transmission mounts.

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
      3. When to do what to keep the car driving like new

Suspension components wear out. The more precise the car, the more noticeable this is... so it's super noticeable on the e46 M3. One of the best upgrades you can do to a tired car is new stock bushings.

The intervals below are for stock components. Aftermarket can have a shorter or longer lifespan, depending on the part)

50,000 mile intervals:
      -RTABs (suggest either stock or sealed monoball)
      -FCABs (suggest either stock or sealed monoball)
      -Trans mounts (note: stiffer than stock trans mounts can be a significant source of NHV)
      -Shocks

100,000 mile intervals:
      -Engine mounts (note: stiffer than stock engine mounts can be a significant source of NHV)
      -diff mounts (note: replacing diff mounts with new stock requires replacing the rear cover. Stiffer than stock diff mounts can be a significant source of NHV with little to no performance benefit)
      -front control arms (arms must be replaced to replace integrated monoballs)
      -rear outer upper and lower control arm monoballs
      -rear inner upper and lower control arm bushings
      -sway bar end links (note: these will wear out far faster if you have significant sway bar preload)
      -sway bar bushings
      -rear shock mounts (RSMs)
      -vanos seals (beisan)

150,000 mile intervals:
      -subframe bushings
      https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...ockdown-thread

Here is my personal list I started with, and I’m sure I have more to add:
      • FCABs
      • Motor mounts
      • Rear Subframe
      • Rod bearings
      • Tie rod ball joints (outer)
      • Control arms (ball joints)
      • Belts/Pulleys
      • Coolant tank/lines/hoses/sensors
      • Top mounts
      • Shocks
      • RSMs
      • Sway bar bushings
      • Steering giubo
      • Injectors
      • Coils
      • O2 sensors
      • TPS
      • CPS
      • MAF
      • Fuel pump
      • Driveshaft giubo
      • VANOS
      • Trans mounts
      • Fuel filer
      As for other stuff: interior refresh. Leatherique the leather seats, deep clean the carpets, get a new steering wheel/replace the cover, replace the center console, replace the shift boot and shift knob, replace yellowed side indicator lights, replace old plastic trim with new black ones, new kidney grills, get the paint corrected as well, new emblems, etc.
      Last edited by Inizes; 05-09-2020, 03:13 PM.
      2005 ///M3 6MT Coupe Imola/M-Texture

Build Thread

Instagram

Comment

Working...
      X