Correct euro bumper P/N?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Correct euro bumper P/N?

Going to order a Euro bumper from the dealership today and just wanted to double check that this is indeed correct for my 06/2004 car. Thanks.

P/N:

2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
    Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
    Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
    RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
    Instagram

Yes!

Comment

Some info on fitment.

I ordered a genuine euro M3 front bumper through dealer part# 51117894989 for Kevlar support bar It came in and I got it painted then tried to install it only to see these 4 tabs on the backside interfering with the Kevlar bumper support. After some searching, those 4 tabs originally came in the aluminum carrier bumper to
      2004 Dinan S3-R M3
      2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post
        Well, that sucks.

Instagram

Comment

If it was me I'd just send that thread to my bodyshop.

My bumper has pulled down on the passenger side over time, and I have a nice little half finger gap there now.

I bought the Trinity bumper mounts to fix it but haven't installed them yet.

I think I'm personally going to swap to a CSL bumper, so I haven't messed with my euro lately.

Pic of my gap.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-07-30 09.22.56.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	213.5 KB
ID:	235390
          2004 Dinan S3-R M3
          2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

If it was me I'd just send that thread to my bodyshop.

My bumper has pulled down on the passenger side over time, and I have a nice little half finger gap there now.

I bought the Trinity bumper mounts to fix it but haven't installed them yet.

I think I'm personally going to swap to a CSL bumper, so I haven't messed with my euro lately.

Pic of my gap.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-07-30 09.22.56.jpg
Views:	297
Size:	213.5 KB
ID:	235390
            I'll have to figure this out on my own, these OEM bumpers don't fit right, sounds like with enough time spent it will indeed fit.

Wish I had CSL $, but need a bumper and Euro sounded like a good in beween.

Instagram

Comment

Might not be a bad idea to install these at the same time as the bumper.

If you’re sick and tired of having your BMW E46 front bumper move all over the place where it joins your fender, or you have an ugly gap there from the oem mounts failing, these new bumper mounts have a port for a set screw to hold everything in place (oem do not) and they’re also much heavier duty than the factory one

2004 Dinan S3-R M3
              2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Might not be a bad idea to install these at the same time as the bumper.

If you’re sick and tired of having your BMW E46 front bumper move all over the place where it joins your fender, or you have an ugly gap there from the oem mounts failing, these new bumper mounts have a port for a set screw to hold everything in place (oem do not) and they’re also much heavier duty than the factory one
                Those look like they are worth a try, I'll buy a set today.
                I may just have them paint it and go for it as I don't want to have to test fit and potentially damage a bumper then I cannot return it to the dealership.

One the other hand if it absolutely won't fit, having it painted would be a nightmare.

This what I get for having a minor accident, granted its my first ever accident and I'm 38, but still, worst car for it to happen in, hit my buddies M5 and owe him a CF diffuser as well.

Instagram

Comment

I have a Euro bumper I need to install as well, I'd have to imagine it being OEM it should fit but that thread was helpful. I also bought the Trinity hangers, seems like they have good range of adjustment and should work.

Cubieman Sorry to hear about your kiss with the M5 diffusor, seems you were going slow when it happened, thats good.

Comment

The Kevlar support is notorious for having fitment issues. I am going to do the aluminum carrier conversion and ordered the 2001 EU bumper from Turner (back ordered until early next year). The PN for the aluminum carrier variant is 51112695241
                    '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

Originally posted by AWE46M3 View Post
                      The Kevlar support is notorious for having fitment issues. I am going to do the aluminum carrier conversion and ordered the 2001 EU bumper from Turner (back ordered until early next year). The PN for the aluminum carrier variant is 51112695241
                      I'm going to give it a go with the Trinity hangers and see what happens, it's too bad it won't fit without modifications.

I am half tempted to spend the $100 more for the standard bumper kind of, once you figure in a new carrier and bumper I may just wait and do a CSL bumper, granted that isn't in everyone's taste.

Instagram

Comment

Since when do oem bumpers not fit?
                        2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Well this has me concerned now. I have brand new OE euro bumper that I’m looking to get painted and installed. I thought this was pretty straightforward but guess not

Comment

I purchased the BMW OE euro bumper, got it painted, and then had a buddy at the dealership body shop get it installed no problem. Unless they worked around it and didn't tell me. It was straightforward.
                            Last edited by M3_HTX; 09-27-2023, 04:54 AM.

Comment

I just picked up my euro bumper from the dealership ($718 FWIW) , it appears to have the dreaded tabs, going to get the Trinity stuff and see if it's needed.
                              Will report back on fitment..please work.

Instagram

Comment

Working...
                              X