Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M3 Stablemates: What else do you have in the garage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^very nice, except that roof spoiler
    2003.5 MT JB/B - CSL SCHRICK SUPERSPRINT EISENMANN JRZ SWIFT MILLWAY APR ENDLESS BBS/SSR DREXLER KMP SACHS RECARO AR SLON MKRS GSP DMG KARBONIUS CP AUTOSOLUTIONS KOYO

Comment

Originally posted by jet_dogg View Post
      ^very nice, except that roof spoiler

Tell me about it - it was on the car when I got it and I tried to remove it once, but it is bonded to the rear screen (which is NLA in the CSL thinner glass format) and I was scared of breaking the glass, so decided to keep it on until a good body shop can do it without damaging the glass / roof (so was going to get it done when the roof needed relacquering). At least it is an AC Schnitzer item FWIW.....

Comment

wife's X3 m40 in front of the e46, e30 325is to the left (babysitting for family for the past year).

Click image for larger version

Name:	stable.jpg
Views:	289
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	254650

Comment

Just sold my e36 ME track car, and picked up a 987.2 Cayman S. First foray into the Porsche world.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_4953.jpg
Views:	260
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	254677

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9608-Enhanced-NR.jpg Views:	4 Size:	397.6 KB ID:	254683
            I know not everyone’s cup of tea here, but I bought myself a model s plaid. 1000hp sure is addictive.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
              I know not everyone’s cup of tea here, but I bought myself a model s plaid. 1000hp sure is addictive.
              Nice. My DD is a P90D with a big brake kit - way slower than a plaid, but still a lot of fun and super easy to drive as a daily!

Comment

Originally posted by terra View Post
                Alright I'll be the guy , really man.

You're the best Terra (just in case I have a question I need an answer to).
                3.91 | CMP Subframe & RTAB Bushings | SMG (Relocated & Rebuilt) | ESS Gen 3 Supercharger | Redish | Beisan | GC Coilovers & ARCAs | Imola Interior | RE Rasp | RE Diablo | Storm Motorwerks Paddles | Will ZCPM3 Shift Knob | Apex ARC-8 19x9, 19x9.5 | Sony XAV-AX5000 | BAVSOUND | CSL & 255 SMG Upgrades | Tiag | Vert w/Hardtop

Comment

Originally posted by oceansize View Post

Alright I'll be the guy , really man.

You're the best Terra (just in case I have a question I need an answer to).
                  Lol. Well I have a 120 mile round trip commute so comfy car and electric is nice there. And the acceleration is utterly ridiculous.

Comment

Congrats Mirza!!
                    IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
                    A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
                    Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
                    Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
                    Touring S62 6MT
                    Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

Originally posted by Thrifty S50 View Post
                      & as of last week I added a super clean 01' 740iL to the fleet. Stratus Metallic over Black.

Absolutely stunning!!
                      IG: @limited.slip

Mystic Blue / M-cloth E46 M3 Coupe S54 6MT
                      A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ ̶/̶ ̶B̶l̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶E̶4̶6̶ ̶3̶2̶5̶i̶ ̶T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶S̶5̶4̶ ̶6̶M̶T̶
                      Imola Red / Alcantara / Cloth E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
                      Titanium Silver / Black E39 540i M-Sport
                      Touring S62 6MT
                      Alpine White / Black E90 M3 M3 S65 7DCT

Comment

Originally posted by TexaZ3 View Post

Is this a 1750? Very nice. Been thinking about picking up an older Alfa since I got a Guilia Ti last year.
                        It's a 1300GT actually, with a 1600 motor now. The last 2 years of production in EU 75-76, Alfa put all the 2000 bits onto the Juniors as well, so only difference thne was the 1300/1600 motor vs the 2000 GTV.
                        2006 M3 ZCP 6spd slicktop AW/Imola (orig owner)
                        1997 328iC Individual
                        1975 Alfa Romeo GT Junior 1300
                        1959 Land Rover Series 2
                        2013 MB GLK350 (wife’s)

Comment

Originally posted by Mike RT4 View Post

Also representing the "Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious" brigade

Luckily, I live just 8 miles from the factory .

Extensively modified, so pushes out more power at the wheels than the factory car does at the flywheel (plus a Quaife ATB, as one-wheel fire sucks) and V8 GT Brembo brakes.

Also an S2000 (which I adore) - again, extensively modified, but OEM+ looks (and no BGW):

Obviously the CSL and to satisfy my two-wheeled habit, a Triumph 765 RS:

Awesome rides! How does the S4S compare to your CSL? Is the M3 that much better or both great?
                          1997 328iC Individual
                          1959 Land Rover Series 2
                          2013 MB GLK350 (wife’s)

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerjeff View Post

Is the M3 that much better or both great?
                            The Esprit is a supercar....it compared favorably to the Ferraris of the day.

And it's also a submarine.
                            Last edited by 01SG; 02-24-2024, 10:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bimmerjeff View Post

Awesome rides! How does the S4S compare to your CSL? Is the M3 that much better or both great?
                              The Esprit (being from the 90s and despite the factory Bilstein upgraded dampers) is still more of a GT car. The seats are also nowhere near as supportive as the CSL ones (I'd like to fit some Sport 300 style ones from an Elise or the like). Also, it's only 25kg lighter than the CSL (so not sufficient enough to be faster). It has 30bhp less power, but 60lb ft more torque but only in the mid-range (thanks to the turbo), but it doesn't make this until 4000rpm and then starts to die off from 5000rpm where it is 30lb ft down on the CSL by 7000rpm (due to the turbo sizing). So on the road, the performance is pretty much equal, but on the track, the Esprit would be left WAY behind (it's just too soft and the power is all in the mid-range, where the CSL is the other way round - sharp and hungers for revs).

Obviously a standard S4S would be slower than even a normal M3 - that's almost 10 years of progress for you..... But then no BMW can shoot helicopters out of the sky or go underwater .

The overboost they used to rave about at the time, was just created by a softly sprung wastegate actuator. Once you got to 4600rpm with a wide-open-throttle, the exhaust gasses would just push open the wastegate and the boost would drop off to 0.7 bar LOL. Not exactly sophisticated.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike RT4 View Post

The Esprit (being from the 90s and despite the factory Bilstein upgraded dampers) is still more of a GT car. The seats are also nowhere near as supportive as the CSL ones (I'd like to fit some Sport 300 style ones from an Elise or the like). Also, it's only 25kg lighter than the CSL (so not sufficient enough to be faster). It has 30bhp less power, but 60lb ft more torque but only in the mid-range (thanks to the turbo), but it doesn't make this until 4000rpm and then starts to die off from 5000rpm where it is 30lb ft down on the CSL by 7000rpm (due to the turbo sizing). So on the road, the performance is pretty much equal, but on the track, the Esprit would be left WAY behind (it's just too soft and the power is all in the mid-range, where the CSL is the other way round - sharp and hungers for revs).

Obviously a standard S4S would be slower than even a normal M3 - that's almost 10 years of progress for you..... But then no BMW can shoot helicopters out of the sky or go underwater .

The overboost they used to rave about at the time, was just created by a softly sprung wastegate actuator. Once you got to 4600rpm with a wide-open-throttle, the exhaust gasses would just push open the wastegate and the boost would drop off to 0.7 bar LOL. Not exactly sophisticated.
                                Thanks for that feedback, I have a M3 Competition (CS in your area, close as we got to CSL) and I've always thought about getting an Esprit V8, we never got many of the S4S here in the states. Wondered what an owner of both would say. Do you think the V8 would make it more competition for the M?
                                1997 328iC Individual
                                1959 Land Rover Series 2
                                2013 MB GLK350 (wife’s)

Comment

Working...
                                X