Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

M3 Stablemates: What else do you have in the garage?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've had this for 10 years been my main piece of transportation for school and work. Also 1986 535i that I just got running and driving after sitting for a decade, not sure what I will do with it.

IMG_3777 by Kurvenkamph Motorsport, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by YoitsTmac View Post

The G01 is my favorite SUV for most of the same reasons. My favorite spec is the M40i in my opinion for its purpose. But X3M is an awesome dual purpose car
      Yea especially with a little tuning the G01 can be an amazing daily. Good looking too. X3M is overkill in a lot of ways but I feel like it kills two birds with one stone if you have an itch to get a G80.

Originally posted by samthejam View Post
      I've had this for 10 years been my main piece of transportation for school and work. Also 1986 535i that I just got running and driving after sitting for a decade, not sure what I will do with it.
      This thing is so cool.

Comment

Originally posted by George Hill View Post

Can you elaborate on this, are you saying the car you built didn't run a hood or was running open ITBs?
        I wouldn't run open ITBs ahah. The car was hoodless.
        IG: @limited.slip

Imola Red E46 330i ZHP Sedan S54 6MT
        Alpine White E90 M3 6MT
        Alpine White 1 Series M
        A̶l̶p̶i̶n̶e̶ W̶h̶i̶t̶e̶ E̶4̶6̶ 3̶2̶5̶i̶ T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ S̶5̶4̶ 6̶M̶T̶
        T̶i̶t̶a̶n̶i̶u̶m̶ S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ E̶3̶9̶ 5̶4̶0̶i̶ M̶-̶S̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ​T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ S̶6̶2̶ 6̶M̶T̶

Comment

Originally posted by kaiv View Post

I wouldn't run open ITBs ahah. The car was hoodless.
          LOL I wouldn't either, but I also wasn't expecting a hoodless reply too, lol. Did you document this build online anywhere?
          '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Alpine 330iT
          Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
          Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

LOL I wouldn't either, but I also wasn't expecting a hoodless reply too, lol. Did you document this build online anywhere?
            I did not, wish I had the time for build journals like the old days. I even had both hoods to retrofit the E9X powerdome and vents but I ended up cancelling the project before getting to that.

Alpine White E90 M3 6MT
            Alpine White 1 Series M
            T̶i̶t̶a̶n̶i̶u̶m̶ S̶i̶l̶v̶e̶r̶ E̶3̶9̶ 5̶4̶0̶i̶ M̶-̶S̶p̶o̶r̶t̶ ​T̶o̶u̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ S̶6̶2̶ 6̶M̶T̶

Comment

Originally posted by kaiv View Post

I did not, wish I had the time for build journals like the old days. I even had both hoods to retrofit the E9X powerdome and vents but I ended up cancelling the project before getting to that.
              What happened to the project, why did you cancel it? Was it a personal that you sold off or the client went elsewhere for the last bit?
              '09 HP2S, '12 R12GSA, '00 Black 323iT, '02 Alpine 325iT (Track Wagon), '02 Alpine 330iT
              Instagram @HillPerformanceBimmers
              Email to George@HillPerformance.com

Comment

What happened to the project, why did you cancel it? Was it a personal that you sold off or the client went elsewhere for the last bit?
                The plan was to build a CA legal street car but once I realized that's seemingly impossible I lost interest, reverted the car back to stock and sold it.

Alpine White E90 M3 6MT
                Alpine White 1 Series M

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead55 View Post

This thing is so cool.
                  Here is the build thread if you wanna read more about it. mye28.com is having some cert issues but still should be accessible.

Also post a lot about it more frequently Instagram @sam.the.jam

Comment

Originally posted by samthejam View Post

IMG_3777 by Kurvenkamph Motorsport, on Flickr
                    Very cool! Euro headlights and everything!
                    Reminds me of my '88 e28. Super fun car.

Comment

Not a VW/Audi guy but I have no choice. They are company cars 😁.
                      2024 Q7 & 2024 GTI and the sim is my daily since I wfh LOL.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Gearhead55 View Post

Yea especially with a little tuning the G01 can be an amazing daily. Good looking too. X3M is overkill in a lot of ways but I feel like it kills two birds with one stone if you have an itch to get a G80.
                        What’s the weight difference between the X3M and M3? I drove my friends X3M a few weeks ago and it was awesome.
                        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

What’s the weight difference between the X3M and M3? I drove my friends X3M a few weeks ago and it was awesome.
                          500-700 lbs depending on whether the G80 is RWD or AWD.
                          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

Originally posted by EthanolTurbo View Post

500-700 lbs depending on whether the G80 is RWD or AWD.
                            I dropped about 40lbs of unsprung weight with my wheel and tire set up too, with wider tires front and back.

Nate047

Comment

More pics of the Overland E53 X5:

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4589.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	124.5 KB
ID:	276076Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4558_jpg.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	119.8 KB
ID:	276077Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4541.jpg
Views:	242
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	276078Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4598.jpg
Views:	244
Size:	124.3 KB
ID:	276079​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by shibui View Post
                                More pics of the Overland E53 X5:

[ATTACH=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","title":"IMG_4
                                I love this thing. If you ever want to sell it DM me.

Comment

Working...
                                X