Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DME: where to buy the Freescale MCU chips?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DME: where to buy the Freescale MCU chips?

I Google the part number but didn't see any availability -- could be a specific part number for Bosch or Seimens. Maybe I should search for a generic part number instead?

I remember someone said the MCU is belong to the MC683xx family, but I would like to confirm the exact part number to order. They are with 160pin package option.
    I'm helping someone with a damaged DME caused by jump start with a booster batt -- they disconnected the booster too soon before the onboard batt voltage recovered high enough, and the disconnect might have caused a very high voltage on the 12v bus due to Load-dump and fried one of the MCU (it's getting hot with 5v applied).

Comment

I used this datasheet for my little rabbit hole on trying to replace a MCU, it's also suggested that these MCU have internal fuses or something inside it that is pre-programmable by the manufacture. I'm not 100 sure if this is the case with our DME because I haven't bought a MCU or did in depth research but these are links, I've used in the past. Hope this helps point you in the right direction.

Comment

Working...
      X