There’s been some interest in a bolt in cage

Since they aren’t offered or made anymore

And

Not touching or cutting up the rear seats

You can still run a full interior

It would be a 4 point mounting

Utilizing the factory mounting points

Powder coating will be offered if needed

Shipping will be available as well ( I can help with that)

Now I would just like to know how many people would be interested.

I’m working with a fabricator and try to design it better then before

I opted for the rear seat delete for me (track stuff)*

Will keep you guys updated with any progress

Thank you everyone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stack; 11-07-2023, 04:35 PM.

Curious if this works with a convertible? I want to change the seats to a bucket seat but need a roll cage with a harness bar in order to have a seat belt.

Comment

Woo Hoo, thanks Stack
      2004 Dinan S3-R M3
      2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Why would I not buy this?

StudioRSR BMW E46 Roll Cage / Roll bar – Studio RSR

Comment

Originally posted by S54330Ci View Post

The difference is, one you need to cut up your car, and one you don't.

The StudioRSR is a nice piece if you're not going to run a backseat, and don't mind drilling into your chassis.
          2004 Dinan S3-R M3
          2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by 9kracing View Post

The difference is, one you need to cut up your car, and one you don't.

The StudioRSR is a nice piece if you're not going to run a backseat, and don't mind drilling into your chassis.
            If you say so . . .

but . . . according to their product description:

- Designed with optimum bolt locations to factory mounting points

Picture of roll cage with back seat:

Studio RSR. 3,760 likes · 105 talking about this · 81 were here. Providing and tuning the correct modifications for your car and driving style. Contact...

Studio RSR. 3,760 likes · 105 talking about this · 81 were here. Providing and tuning the correct modifications for your car and driving style. Contact...

Comment

The studio rsr bar looks like you're definitely drilling into your car to install it. Which means it might actually function like a bar or cage.

The bar OP posted looks similar in design to the Raven bar, which mounts to the front seatbelt and rear child seat tether mounting points making it more of an excessively heavy harness bar. Calling it an actual roll bar is a. . . . cagey claim

Comment

Well I'm definitely interested.

Comment

Would this only use the two M10 bolts to mount the front two legs of the roll bar? Seems pretty dangerous...

Comment

Absolutely this isn't a proper Roll Cage
                    It won't be certified by Nasa or Scca

It's more so designed for the HPDE enthusiast
                    And folks who aren't to sure they want drill into there e46 body.

Take the cage out and there won't be any evidence you ever had one

Raven Performace has designed this style 'bar'
                    And this topic has been covered before on the old m3fourm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

the BK harness bar is specifically designed for that and and you get ease of install/removal and much lighter weight

doesn't look like a roll bar tho, which is something the Raven and this one manages to do

Comment

Originally posted by S54330Ci View Post
                        Studio RSR is garbage in my opinion, couldn't pay me to put one of their roll bars in my car ... may be a controversial opinion, but I have been thoroughly unimpressed by every Studio RSR roll bar I have seen in person.

Comment

I forget who it was on IG but I saw someone that was still waiting MONTHS beyond their expected date for their studio RSR cage and they were still giving them excuses. I wouldn't buy from them.

Comment

I am interested, price depending. It would be nice if there were more than 2 attach points at the front though. If I am going to the trouble of installing a roll bar it has to increase safety of the car.

Comment

I think people are confused about what this is.

The Raven bar was designed to bolt into the car, using factory mounting points. There's no need to remove any parts, or drill into the chassis. It's for people that want to run a rollbar, be it for looks, "safety", or whatever, but they don't want to permanently modify their vehicle. You can remove it and no one will ever know.

ALL other rollbars and half cages for this car will need to be drilled into the chassis, and mounted with plates under the car and wheel arches. You will need to remove the side bolsters next to the backseat at the very least, and some require the whole rear seat to come out.

Raven went out of business, so Stack is remaking the cage with some tweaks, for those of us that were trying to order a cage from John when he went under.
                              2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                              2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Working...
                              X