Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacement exhaust tips for stock section 3

Can anyone suggest replacement exhaust tips for the stock section? 3

I picked up a CSL section 3 but it's missing the tips, was hoping to find some replacement tips that were a little bit bigger than the factory tips but had the same OEM look and still would bolt on with rivets like the factory tips.
    ​​​​​​
    made a post on Facebook groups and someone suggested

https://burkhart-engineering.com/en/...or-e46-m3-bmw/

Was hoping to get some more suggestions or options from here on other possibilities.

Status gruppe website says theirs do not fit stock mufflers

Those are the only ones I am aware of that use rivets. They do not have a polished option though.

The other option is the offset, clamps style ones on eBay.

Comment

70mm is too small though - 76mm minimum for e46 imo, 83mm maximum. I used SGT's 82mm tips on my muffler, but it did require some effort.

I have the burkhart ones on my e90 and i like them, but don't love them - wish they had a more polished look. They also turn slightly brownish with heat/time.
      DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
      /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
      More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post
        70mm is too small though - 76mm minimum for e46 imo, 83mm maximum. I used SGT's 82mm tips on my muffler, but it did require some effort.

I have the burkhart ones on my e90 and i like them, but don't love them - wish they had a more polished look. They also turn slightly brownish with heat/time.
        I want the 76 mm but the only offer them in slash cut not straight cut unfortunately

Comment

This is what I had on mine: https://www.ebay.com/itm/26292809140...Bk9SR4qWxvT5Yg

I liked them a lot - fitment was good, finish was decent and size is just right IMO. No close up pics of the exhaust but here's what they looked like on my car: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...eur-photoshoot
          Last edited by PetrolM3; 11-14-2023, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Yeah I did see those, how confident are you with the tightening mechanism that he uses with those tips or did you get them welded on

Comment

Installed as-is using the clamps. It took some fine adjustments to get them perfectly staggered like the OEM pieces but once installed, they did not budge in over 5 years and many miles.

Comment

Originally posted by PetrolM3 View Post
                This is what I had on mine: https://www.ebay.com/itm/26292809140...Bk9SR4qWxvT5Yg

I liked them a lot - fitment was good, finish was decent and size is just right IMO. No close up pics of the exhaust but here's what they looked like on my car: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...eur-photoshoot
                These look great! Thanks for the link!

Comment

I run the Burkhart ones on my Touring and sedan build. Touring has 70mm, Sedan has 76mm. They look absolutely great and with the rivets they are dead easy and perfectly straight to mount.

Click image for larger version

Name:	grafik.png
Views:	261
Size:	957.4 KB
ID:	243226
                  Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by PetrolM3 View Post

I have this exact set unused sitting in my garage now. Ended up going another route.

nextelbuddy you can have them for $55 shipped if you want them.

Comment

If you install those jgm12507 eBay tips, it’s worth nothing that you can adjust how close the tips are to each other by twisting the tip.

I originally thought my factory tips were bent and the aftermarket tips would not fit. I reached out to the maker (spoke over the phone) and he confirmed the tips are designed to be adjustable in relation to one another. By simple rotating the tip, you can create a gap up to 10MM. I had the fastener for the tips at the 6 o’clock position for both tip and they were super tight - basically touching eachother, and I couldn’t get both tips on at the same time. I rotated the tips so the fastener was at the 3 o’clock position on one tip and 9 o’clock position on the other tip and it create a nice, factory style gap.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_9675.jpg Views:	0 Size:	94.9 KB ID:	243769
                        Last edited by AWE46M3; 11-28-2023, 11:26 AM.
                        '02 ///M3 Alpine White / Cinnamon 6MT

Comment

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_1106.jpg Views:	0 Size:	192.3 KB ID:	243783 Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_3438.png Views:	0 Size:	492.5 KB ID:	243782 I bought mine from a guy on here who happened to have got some of the last sets when someone from Europe was making the Euro 76mm double walled stainless steel tips.
                          I sold my RE El Diablo and then got a stock section 3 and just popped the rivets off the stock ones and put new rivets for these. Fitment was pretty good I’d say! (Also, yes my M3 badge on my Karbonius CSL trunk is not placed correctly 😂)
                          Last edited by IceInMyVeins14; 11-28-2023, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IceInMyVeins14 View Post
                            Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_1106.jpg Views:	0 Size:	192.3 KB ID:	243783 Click image for larger version Name:	IMG_3438.png Views:	0 Size:	492.5 KB ID:	243782 I bought mine from a guy on here who happened to have got some of the last sets when someone from Europe was making the Euro 76mm double walled stainless steel tips.
                            I sold my RE El Diablo and then got a stock section 3 and just popped the rivets off the stock ones and put new rivets for these. Fitment was pretty good I’d say! (Also, yes my M3 badge on my Karbonius CSL trunk is not placed correctly 😂)
                            I just installed my RE El Diablo and love the refine sound but at the same time it takes away from the airbox. May I ask if changing the tips on the OEM section 3 also changes the exhaust tone some? I’m not a fan of how heavy they are but this might be an option for me, another would be to find a Dinan section 3.

Comment

Originally posted by JDMaflac View Post

I just installed my RE El Diablo and love the refine sound but at the same time it takes away from the airbox. May I ask if changing the tips on the OEM section 3 also changes the exhaust tone some? I’m not a fan of how heavy they are but this might be an option for me, another would be to find a Dinan section 3.
                              No I didn’t hear any difference from changing tips. You could also try finding a stock section 3 where the muffler was gutted. I heard it helped out with exhaust tone.

Comment

Working...
                              X