Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loaner tools for Beisan Vanos Refresh

Hi:
    I have a 2003 M3 Vert with 45,000 miles. I’m thinking about doing a Vanos refresh with the Beisan kits including exhaust hub, tension chain guide, Vanos seals, Vanos Sealing Plate seal kit, and Lang Cam bolts. I read about loaner tools here but can’t find the link. Does anybody have a Cam alignment tool kit they could loan me? If not I will have to look into buying it. Thank you.

In case you don't find someone to rent it to you - https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/c...ntals-products, the timing bridge and crank pin can be bought here for about $120 - https://www.bmwdirectparts.com/oem-p...10-83300493749 and the crank locking pin is about $25.

Comment

Originally posted by Echo46Z View Post
      Hi:
      I have a 2003 M3 Vert with 45,000 miles. I'm thinking about doing a Vanos refresh with the Beisan kits including exhaust hub, tension chain guide, Vanos seals, Vanos Sealing Plate seal kit, and Lang Cam bolts. I read about loaner tools here but can't find the link. Does anybody have a Cam alignment tool kit they could loan me? If not I will have to look into buying it. Thank you.
      Where are you located?

Comment

Thanks guys, I’m on Long Island, NY. What do you guys think of this tool kit?
        Last edited by Echo46Z; 11-28-2023, 05:45 PM.

Comment

Thanks guys, I’m on Long Island, NY. What do you guys think of this tool kit?
          https://www.ebay.com/itm/27474030383...CABEgKRv_D_BwE
          I would suggest to only use the genuine BMW tools, you can always easily sell them after the fact as well.
          2004 Silbergrau Metallic 6MT
          Karbonius/OEM Snorkel/Flap/HTE Tuned
          Ssv1/Catted Sec. 1/SS 2.5" Sec. 2/SCZA

OE CSL Bootlid/AS SSK/BC Coils/4.10 Gears/ Sportline 8S Wheels/Cobra Nogaros
          RACP Plates/Vincebar/CMP/Turner RTAB/Beisan

2006 M6 Black Saphire SMG
          Instagram

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm on Long Island, NY. What do you guys think of this tool kit?
            https://www.ebay.com/itm/27474030383...CABEgKRv_D_BwE
            Don't have any experience with that specific tool. But I have tried to use a schwaben replica of the factory tool before and it's was not nearly as precise. Even with no dowel in you couldn't get each end to sit flush on the head.

Comment

At 43k I would leave it alone. Do vanos test and check pressure, and visually inspect through to the disc and tabs, if all ok, look elsewhere.

Comment

I was thinking, because I have a small valve cover gasket leak, I would just do the Beisan refresh while I had the valve cover off. Also, it is a 20 year old car and that exhaust hub will eventually go.

Comment

I was thinking, because I have a small valve cover gasket leak, I would just do the Beisan refresh while I had the valve cover off. Also, it is a 20 year old car and that exhaust hub will eventually go.
                  I have a rare case but I'm at 187K and was on the oem exhaust sprocket until last week, no cracks or anything, just did the pump disk. But take what I say with a grain of salt because I am likely a rare case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

So maybe just do the pump disk, plate washers, chain guide and o ring kit? I am going to do the VCG and check out the Vanos when I’m in there.
                    Last edited by Echo46Z; 11-29-2023, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Stilt View Post

I have a rare case but I'm at 187K and was on the oem exhaust sprocket until last week, no cracks or anything, just did the pump disk. But take what I say with a grain of salt because I am likely a rare case.

I guess I'm also a rare case?? at 194k I have not touched Vanos yet…😬😂🤣. Next year!!..👀

Comment

I have the BMW timing bridge and I think I have the splined shaft holder somewhere. PM if you want to rent them.

Comment

Thanks, when I get the parts I will PM you about renting them. Thank you

Comment

Working...
                          X