Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upper Radiator Hose Fitting

Hi All:

Does anyone make the upper radiator hose fitting (Circled in red in the attached photo) in aluminum or stainless steel? I've been undone by the cheap plastic bleed screw snapping off and thought instead of just swapping to a brass or aluminum bleed screw, it would be nice to have the upper end for the hose in something better than plastic.

Feff

Click image for larger version

Name:	Upper Hose A.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	36.8 KB
ID:	244231
    MVP Track Time

Originally posted by Feffman View Post
    Hi All:

Does anyone make the upper radiator hose fitting (Circled in red in the attached photo) in aluminum or stainless steel? I've been undone by the cheap plastic bleed screw snapping off and thought instead of just swapping to a brass or aluminum bleed screw, it would be nice to have the upper end for the hose in something better than plastic.
    No market demand for the metal fitting bc the stock plastic is not a problem. There is no reason for the broken bleeder screw if done properly: just screw it down until bottom (with the o-ring below the fitting top surface) and stop. No need to torque it until distorted as the rubber o-ring is already in the proper position and provides the friction to prevent the screw from backing out. No need to use a brass bleeder.

Comment

Originally posted by Feffman View Post
      Hi All:

Feff

Click image for larger version  Name:	Upper Hose A.jpg Views:	21 Size:	36.8 KB ID:	244231
      There is a brass bleed screw available.

I know the hose ends have been made in aluminum before...its been awhile and can't recall who. It was a forum guy who had a couple machined.

I would get the brass bleeder screw and the overflow brass/rubber hose kit from Rogue and call it the day. I never open the bleeder screw on my M3, there's no need with the M3 since the expansion tank is the high point. Open the expansion tank cap, run the car, turn the heater on low fan and highest temp...the coolant system bleeds in a couple of minutes.

You run into a problem with the non-Ms which won't bleed unless you open the bleeder screw because that coolant system is 100% garbage.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

There is a brass bleed screw available.

I know the hose ends have been made in aluminum before...its been awhile and can't recall who. It was a forum guy who had a couple machined.

I would get the brass bleeder screw and the overflow brass/rubber hose kit from Rogue and call it the day. I never open the bleeder screw on my M3, there's no need with the M3 since the expansion tank is the high point. Open the expansion tank cap, run the car, turn the heater on low fan and highest temp...the coolant system bleeds in a couple of minutes.

You run into a problem with the non-Ms which won't bleed unless you open the bleeder screw because that coolant system is 100% garbage.

Went to look at your Rogue suggestion and guess what??!! Sadly not for sale yet.

https://www.rogueengineering.com/Rog...et_p_1423.html

Feff
        MVP Track Time

Comment

Ebay.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Available soon from Rogue Engineering. Click image for larger version

Name:	RE Aluminum Hose Connector.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	9.6 KB
ID:	244255
            MVP Track Time

Comment

Working...
            X