Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HJS weld in cats vs Euro cats

Hi guys,
    Does weld in HJS cats actually make sense from performance perspective compared to Euro cats?
    Weld in pieces does not come expensive in Europe and I could do the welding myself to an used set of decat pipes I have in the garage

Makes sense if you're tracking-- they hold up to the heat MUCH better.

2005 IR/IR M3 Coupe
    2012 LMB/Black 128i
    2008 Black/Black M5 Sedan

Comment

Originally posted by Obioban View Post
      Makes sense if you're tracking-- they hold up to the heat MUCH better.
      Makes sense. Or any additional power increase since HJS cats may be easier to pass through?

Comment

Originally posted by RazorM View Post

Makes sense. Or any additional power increase since HJS cats may be easier to pass through?
        At this point in time we’re no longer comparing apples to apples as used euro cats are incredibly old. They fall apart rather easily when shipped.

if they are even close to the same price I’d go HJS especially if you’re looking to use them with vigor.

HJS should certainly perform better as well. Lower cell count with higher quality material. If you can push enough air to take advantage of that is another story. Pretty small gains I’m guessing.

Comment

Iirc, it had been dyno proven that euro cats not only didn't lose hp, but fattened the midrange a touch.

HJS have been proven to flow like 95% of catless.
          DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
          /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
          More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Hi guys,
            Does weld in HJS cats actually make sense from performance perspective compared to Euro cats?
            Weld in pieces does not come expensive in Europe and I could do the welding myself to an used set of decat pipes I have in the garage
            How much can you get them for not including VAT?

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

How much can you get them for not including VAT?
              Just under 800euros shipped

Comment

Just under 800euros shipped
                That's great! I want to install them on my SS Stepped exhaust system to reduce the catless smell. Can you link me to those please? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

That's great! I want to install them on my SS Stepped exhaust system to reduce the catless smell. Can you link me to those please? Thanks.
                  Thats the price for our workshop since we are registered with distributor.
                  I am not sure what price or if they ship outside of EU to be honest.
                  The part number for the cat is 90 95 0072., it’s 2,5”, 63,5mm opening version that fabspeed or SS use. You may check it on German dealers if they would send and for what price.
                  Or if you won’t find anything I may ask in the office what price would they let me send it to you if that helps

Comment

Thats the price for our workshop since we are registered with distributor.
                    I am not sure what price or if they ship outside of EU to be honest.
                    The part number for the cat is 90 95 0072., it's 2,5”, 63,5mm opening version that fabspeed or SS use. You may check it on German dealers if they would send and for what price.
                    Or if you won't find anything I may ask in the office what price would they let me send it to you if that helps
                    Ok I got it buddy. Thank you. I'll check it out from my side too and send some emails. Cheers.

Comment

Speak with a credible performance exhaust shop that does custom work etc they will know which of the more economical brands are good as most people dont need uber $$$ HJS or GESI its a waste for most people

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                        Speak with a credible performance exhaust shop that does custom work etc they will know which of the more economical brands are good as most people dont need uber $$$ HJS or GESI its a waste for most people
                        Good point. Is HJS the only reliable alternative to Euro?

I’m interested to know what other more economical brands make sense, and what the products are. Like Magnaflow for example. If the goal is simply to keep cats on the car so my more environmentally conscious friends still love me…even though it’s a track car…what makes sense?

I’m not going to get extravagant on intake mods (e.g., no supercharger), and I’m not trying to achieve status on a dyno, so what is a smart choice to pair with aftermarket headers on a track car?

Comment

According to this - http://www.unofficialbmw.com/images/...ust_System.pdf​ & this https://hjs-motorsport.de/en/product...quality-check#, the stock equipment is made by EMITEC who also supply HJS. Both are stamped with an HJS serial number.

Click image for larger version  Name:	m3.png Views:	0 Size:	788.7 KB ID:	245439 Click image for larger version  Name:	hjs.png Views:	0 Size:	503.3 KB ID:	245440
                          Last edited by Slideways; 12-23-2023, 04:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
                            I agree with everything you post, save this.

Economical 200 cell cats barely remove any scent, and, to my butt dyno, lose power whereas my 200 cell hjs barely make any smell even at start up and feel no different, powerwise, than catless to me.

After years of procrastinating, it's been worth it to pony up for premium.

I think all of us older/longer owners have concluded "do it right the first time, even with the higher cost."
                            DD: /// 2011.5 Jerez/bamboo E90 M3 · DCT · Slicktop · Instagram
                            /// 2004 Silvergrey M3 · Coupe · 6spd · Slicktop · zero options
                            More info: https://nam3forum.com/forums/forum/m...os-supersprint

Comment

Originally posted by Tbonem3 View Post

I agree with everything you post, save this.

Economical 200 cell cats barely remove any scent, and, to my butt dyno, lose power whereas my 200 cell hjs barely make any smell even at start up and feel no different, powerwise, than catless to me.

After years of procrastinating, it's been worth it to pony up for premium.

I think all of us older/longer owners have concluded "do it right the first time, even with the higher cost."
                              I agree! Its gonna hurt my wallet and ego but im at age now i dont care LOL. Should have gone catted from the start.

Comment

Working...
                              X