Battery Tender Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Battery Tender Question

Is there such a thing as a wireless battery tender? I have to park my car outside in a condo lot for a month in Jan. Does anyone know is there is tender that can be used to keep the battery charged? I am in the northeast and battery has drained in previous experience. Thanks.

No wireless charger. Just disconnect the batt negative cable (unless you need alarm).

But might be in 10 years all parking lots will have under the surface coils for charging EV.
    Last edited by sapote; 12-06-2023, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Does the cold weather kill the battery faster? I feel like I have parked my car for month before and it was fine.

Comment

Originally posted by cobra View Post
        Does the cold weather kill the battery faster? I feel like I have parked my car for month before and it was fine.
        When the temperature drops, the chemical reactions required to generate energy become slower and less efficient. This prolonged stress causes a drop in capacity and discharge rate of a battery.

Comment

Only options I can think of are a rechargeable battery pack that also works as trickle charger or a solar car battery trickle charger. I'm not sure how well the solar charger would work plus you would need a good amount of sunlight during the day.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
            Only options I can think of are a rechargeable battery pack that also works as trickle charger or a solar car battery trickle charger. I'm not sure how well the solar charger would work plus you would need a good amount of sunlight during the day.
            A good-size panel in the front or rear window can effectively trickle-charge a battery if it gets 6-8mhours of sun most days. Just read and compare the output specs. BOCO.

Comment

My suggestion would be to just get a micro jump starter, like this one:

I keep one stored in my trunk 'just in case,' but in your scenario, you can charge it up and bring it inside. That way, when you get back to your car, if it doesn't start you can just hook this up and go about your day.

Comment

Thanks everyone, much appreciated.

Comment

Do you have any friends that could loan you a garage for a month? Even if you pay a months rent ? I would feel more comfortable leaving the car indoors as it’ll be more prone to theft if someone sees it parked there for a while.

Comment

Rent secure and affordable monthly parking near you. Save money and find the right covered parking, parking garage, or other parking to suit your needs.
                    http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                    '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                    '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Why remove and charge the batt in the house during this time?

Comment

Working...
                      X