Car shipping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Car shipping

I'm potentially shipping an E92 from Seattle to Central PA. Anyone have any experience with good transport companies? recommendation? estimates on price?

Never done this before so I'm kinda flying blind, just looking for a little guidance from people who have gone through it.

As always, I appreciate the help!

My only experience has been with Montway. The pricing is fair, but they contract out to random truck drivers who often barely speak english. You might get a great guy who takes care of your car, or some random dude who has not been doing it very long.

Comment

Use a broker. PM me for mine. Shipped multiple cars and always had a great experience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I shipped my E46 and E92 with reliable carriers from MI to CA. No issues. You’ll pay a little more but I think it’s worth it.
        2005 Phoenix Yellow M3 Coupe 6spd
        2013 Interlagos Blue M3 Coupe 6spd ZCP, CF roof
        2007 Imola Red Z4M Coupe

Comment

I have a guy if you need one. He has done multiple BMWs for me.
          Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

I used DAS from CA to MD for my track car. Same truck, same driver from start to finish without playing the typical "lottery drop-off" system where you car goes from one carrier to another to another to another..... all the way and no-one is responsible. No shipping broker BS. They were perfect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	1kpy3w.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	245951

Name:	h6OqK7.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	245950

Last edited by Estoril; 12-15-2023, 07:21 PM.

Comment

A couple years ago I bought a X7 from David Aviles who sells/ships BMWs all across the nation. He recommended Fisher Shipping and I had them ship my X7 from MD to CA. I also had them ship my M3 from TX to CA a year later. Nothing but positive things to say, and the price was extremely good compared to a few other quotes I got.

Comment

Brokers are hit or miss depending on who they contract to ship. I’ve always used companies that run their own fleet. To me you get what you pay for.

InterCity Lines, Passport and Reliable are the 3 I’ll use. More expensive but worth it for any “special” car. Find a company that runs their own trucks otherwise you’re rolling the dice.

Price of covered transport that route. My guess $2500-3500

Comment

Originally posted by Estoril View Post
                  I used DAS from CA to MD for my track car. Same truck, same driver from start to finish without playing the typical "lottery drop-off" system where you car goes from one carrier to another to another to another..... all the way and no-one is responsible. No shipping broker BS. They were perfect.

Name:	1kpy3w.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	176.6 KB
ID:	245951

Name:	h6OqK7.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	257.7 KB
ID:	245950

Is DAS reasonably priced for an enclosed truck?
                  2005 E46 ///M3 Interlagos Blue/Cinnamon

BBS - Recaro - JRZ - PFC - Supersprint - Haimus - Vorshlag - RKP - DMG - Diffsonline - Autosolutions - ​Koyo - Mile End Composites - YFCM - GC

https://www.instagram.com/justanotham4/

Comment

Idea - you might want to check out the shipping companies recommended by C&B and BaT.
                    Interlagos 06 M3, Autologic tune, Agency Power midpipes/exhaust, Fortune Auto coilovers, UUC SSK, ZKW-R lenses. MRegistry listing here

Comment

Originally posted by Projecte46m3 View Post

Is DAS reasonably priced for an enclosed truck?

For coast-to-coast, yes. I did the calculation of what it would cost me to drive CA to MD - gas, hotels, meals and PIA factor.... and it was worth it to me.

Comment

When I was relocated from MI to NC my company farmed out the M3 shipping to ACME Car Shipping. ACME in turn found some random car shipping company which was horrible. The driver didn't know how to drive manual, drove my car into the trailer ramps and damaged my front bumper because he didn't put 2x6s in front of the ramps, then he wanted to give up after the car was a quarter way up the ramps because he kept stalling the engine. It was an extremely frustrating experience, I actually had to finish driving my car up on the trailer for the driver. Next time if I have to ship a car I would pay a little extra for a reputable company to avoid this sort of experience.

Comment

I used Plycar to transport my Cayman from NY to TX. They’re a non-broker (so they have their own trucks), and their service and communication was great in my experience. Pricey but better than going thru a broker who might fuck up your car…the clown who delivered my first Cayman almost drove a Urus off the ramp until I stopped him.
                          Last edited by SQ13; 12-18-2023, 01:07 PM.
                          Silver Track to Street Car Journal
                          Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

Shipped my E46 from Dallas to PA on Reliable Carriers for $1.25 / mile enclosed. No idea on current rates but they're first class and routinely deal with much more expensive vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've used Shipacardirect in the last couple of years, sending a car from CA to NY and having one sent back. Went smooth, no qualms and the price wasn't too terrible, <$1300.

I think the problem with these big companies like Montaway and Shipacardirect are that they have such high volumes because of their inexpensive prices. This has an effect down the chain, the brokers end up with too many customers and their customer services suffers, i.e. don't provide timely service, forget to communicate things with you. I'm pretty sure they all use the same system to find auto haulers and the big guys who ship a lot of volume with them get priority and super undercut pricing, if you're sending one car plan for it to take longer than expected. I've heard they've been doing a lot better than when I had to deal with them.

Comment

Working...
                              X