• Show
Clear All

"StopTech Has Shut Down USA Operations"

Click image for larger version

Name:	nM6rk0.jpg
Views:	799
Size:	175.7 KB
ID:	246959

I don't own any, but posting for those with active orders or considering a future purchase.

Great to know, this explains why the TRD brake pads I've been trying to hunt down are on national backorder (they were made by StopTech). Ever since FBG bought Centric it's been on the downslide. Back in 2022 I had emailed a certain online brake shop inquiring about some M3 caliper pistons and it was explained to me that back in 2021 FBG had cancelled many contract-manufacture orders and was shifting production around the world--without the proper tooling/process in place. Fast forward to last week and I'm on Tacoma forums reading a huge brake thread and a former StopTech employee explains what all went down, including engineering staff layoffs, shifting production to India, cost saving part spec changes, and so on. So, for me, I'd avoid StopTech but hopefully those with their OG kits can find spare parts.

Comment

This is why I went with Brembo brakes and opted out from buying ST rotors earlier this year, instead I used Girodisc's and I couldn't be happier.

Lets see if FirstBrandsGroup can rebound by cutting their overhead and manufacturing outside of the US now.

Comment

Good to know. I’ve enjoyed my ST40 setup but I guess
        I’ll be using Girodisc for rotors in the future.

Comment

StopTech, never not once.
          2004 BMW ///M3 Carbon Black/Cinnamon 6MT
          2005 BMW ///M3
          ​ Interlagos Blue/Black 6MT Dinan S3-R

2008 BMW ///M3 Alpine White/Bamboo/6MT Track Build ​​
          2000 BMW ///M5 Royal Red/Extended Caramel 6MT
          2004 BMW X5 Toledo Blue/Sand Beige 6MT
          2023 Toyota Supra //A91-MT CULG/Hazelnut 6MT

Instagram

Comment

Yeah, Stoptech has been going straight down the shitter since Centric bought them.

Comment

So, Does anyone know a company that makes replacement rotors and hardware for 355mm and 380mm ST60/St40 kits?

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post
                So, Does anyone know a company that makes replacement rotors and hardware for 355mm and 380mm ST60/St40 kits?
                Girodisc makes the rotors. Hardware...I think the ST40 has the same parts as a Brembo caliper. Not sure about the ST60.

This makes a little sad because while the ST40 kits aren't the best brakes...they are the lowest long-term cost even when compared to OEM. Case in point, the ST40 caliper has parts that are widely available and easy to find, especially brake pads!

With the E46 platform...really don't need a ton of brake.

Comment

Originally posted by bigjae46 View Post

Girodisc makes the rotors. Hardware...I think the ST40 has the same parts as a Brembo caliper. Not sure about the ST60.

This makes a little sad because while the ST40 kits aren't the best brakes...they are the lowest long-term cost even when compared to OEM. Case in point, the ST40 caliper has parts that are widely available and easy to find, especially brake pads!

With the E46 platform...really don't need a ton of brake.
                  Thanks bud!!!! I'll have to get in touch with Girodisc again and get a quote as I'd like to have parts on hand for when the time comes. Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by 0-60motorsports View Post

Thanks bud!!!! I'll have to get in touch with Girodisc again and get a quote as I'd like to have parts on hand for when the time comes. Cheers.
                    few of my track buddies have gone to custom rotors from coleman racing. just have to list size, style, and anything else you need. it's very well priced. i'll be looking at those rotors for when mine run out.
                    '06 Carbon Black
                    Sabelt, Brey Krause, MCS 2-way, SuperSprint, Karbonius, Epic, Volk

Comment

Oh man. I just bought a m3 with stoptech st60 380mm rotors and need to figure out replacement pieces when the time comes 😅

Car came with track pads and the car sounds like a freight train so now I need to find street pads!

Comment

Originally posted by Teemmy View Post
                        Oh man. I just bought a m3 with stoptech st60 380mm rotors and need to figure out replacement pieces when the time comes 😅

Car came with track pads and the car sounds like a freight train so now I need to find street pads!
                        LOL same here about getting replacement rotors and pads this year. Im guessing gyro disc rotors and any good pads compatible with my ST60/ST40 setup.

Comment

Here is a link to the StopTech caliper diagrams with part numbers. A good reference when ordering parts.

Comment

Originally posted by S54330Ci View Post
                            Here is a link to the StopTech caliper diagrams with part numbers. A good reference when ordering parts.

Thank you! I’ll have to bookmark this.

Comment

Originally posted by S54330Ci View Post

Thank you!

Comment

Working...
                              X