Starting Fresh: Where to Begin Anew?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by D-O View Post

This, but I like the gray interior. The big three would also be on my list.
    Some can like the grey interior but they usually make cars sell for less. So OP was asking to add value so suggest interior swap.
    2001 BMW E46 M3 Laguna Seca / M-Texture 6mt
    2002 BMW E46 M3 Titanium Silver/Black 6mt
    2006 BMW E46 M3 Individual Estoril blue/Black 6mt
    2019 BMW X3 M40i Phytonic blue/Tartufo Individual

Comment

In my opinion, the best thing to do to these cars is to drive them. They are incredible just from the factory.

When needed I've gone OEM+ on everything - replace all the parts that the factory almost got perfect.
      1. Big 3
      2. Control arms replaced and all bushings replaced with upgraded rubber bushings
      3. Dual resonated section 1
      4. Fan clutch replaced immediately (my faulty one killed my head gasket come to find out recently)
      5. Steering wheel and shift knob replaced (No idea about where to rewrap, that's still an endless debate here)
      6. Avin Avant 4 if you want Apple car play
      7. Corsa section 2 & 3 exhaust (best sounding in my opinion)
      8. Karbonious intake if you have the $$
      9. Diff refresh
      10. Clutch when you need to do it
      11. Take care of your driveshaft and all bushings in there
      12. Koni yellows with H&R springs, perfect daily setup (I have this and love it)
      13. OEM brakes and pads
      14. All other maintenance items: plugs, coils, coolant, water pump, etc.

That's it. Just put gas in it and go have fun!
      - Jonathan

2004 M3 6MT Carbon Black OEM+ | Vortex Days

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

Some can like the grey interior but they usually make cars sell for less. So OP was asking to add value so suggest interior swap.
        Grey doesn't look bad with black carpets, dash, and door panels. Its just way too much...gray! lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gt4 View Post

Oh you are not wrong, a gray interior will usually reduce value, and as cheap as I have seen interiors sell for a swap would not be a bad value proposition. I just happen to be the odd ball that likes gray.

If I had the big bucks I would have a bespoke interior done in navy blue. It would look sharp with silbergrau.
          Last edited by D-O; 01-03-2024, 11:22 AM.
          Old, not obsolete.

Comment

Working...
          X