Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

S54 Intake Sound Question/Debate

Hey Guys,
    We all want the CSL intake but its alot of $$$.

I currently have the Turner CAI but want more induction nosie

any go from a CAI to a Eventuri?

is the induction noise much more with the eventuri vs a CAI?

Attached Files

Save up the cost and go for the CSL intake if noise is what you are chasing.

You won't be fully satisfied with Eventuri or any other CAI products.

Comment

If your state has no SMOG requirements go for the full CSL.
      Im currently running the eventuri intake and the induction noise is really nice, but my only frame of reference is the stock intake.

Comment

If you don't have exhaust mods to drown it out, the Eventuri is very loud and satisfying.
        Instagram: @logicalconclusion

Comment

CSL airbox is much louder than Eventuri. You’re better off saving up the additional $800 for a Karb Race airbox + whatever the cost is for a tune and additional parts. IMO if course.
          Silver Track to Street Car Journal
          Interlagos Blue Street Car Journal

Comment

thx guys

Comment

Originally posted by SQ13 View Post
              CSL airbox is much louder than Eventuri. You’re better off saving up the additional $800 for a Karb Race airbox + whatever the cost is for a tune and additional parts. IMO if course.
              This the latest version of the Karbonius airbox?

Comment

Originally posted by bimmerfan08 View Post

This the latest version of the Karbonius airbox?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-karboniu...e/e46ad03~krc/
                Yup, that’s the one you should order. The ship date of Feb 7 means ECS has an order in for a batch of airboxes, and you’ll be getting the latest one.

Comment

I really want to do this...but I just can't seem to (find the time) to get my head around the install, and push through it. Lame, I know...

Comment

I’ve had the K&N, the AFE, the Eventuri, and as of a couple weeks ago the Turner CSL-Style now that my car is becoming track-focused.

From my perspective: if all you want is sound, the Eventuri is a solid return on investment.

Comment

If you only care about sound just get an Eventuri + sound generator and you'll be 95% there without all the hassle of a CSL box.

Comment

Originally posted by s2kdagjd View Post
                        I currently have the Turner CAI but want more induction nosie

Here ya go.

BMW E46 M3 S54 VELOCITY STACK KIT$1,100.00 – $2,000.00Billet CNC Aluminum Velocity Stacks w/set screws, Custom Alpha N tune (optional), Heat Shield, Heat Shield Bracket, Cabin Filter Delete Cover, & Intake Air Temp Relocation Kit

2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                        2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

I really like my Eventuri. I really want to do a Karbonius CSL airbox but being in CA and dealing with smog makes me hesitate. I picked mine up my Eventuri used a couple years back and have zero regrets.

Comment

Originally posted by OldRanger View Post
                            I’ve had the K&N, the AFE, the Eventuri, and as of a couple weeks ago the Turner CSL-Style now that my car is becoming track-focused.

From my perspective: if all you want is sound, the Eventuri is a solid return on investment.
                            What are your thoughts on going from AFE to Eventuri? Enough difference in sound to be worth several hundreds of bucks?
                            http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                            '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                            '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post

What are your thoughts on going from AFE to Eventuri? Enough difference in sound to be worth several hundreds of bucks?
                              Yes. I went from AFE to Eventuri at some point. The Eventuri intake was louder and more throaty.

Comment

Working...
                              X