Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Vin is Faulty". Can a faulty instrument cluster cause AKMB read issue in NCS Expert?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Vin is Faulty". Can a faulty instrument cluster cause AKMB read issue in NCS Expert?

Hi all,

As the title states, I have an issue in NCS Expert regarding the AKMB module in my car. I try to read the ZCS/FA of the AKMB on NCS expert but a series of fault codes pop up:

VIN is faulty

COAPI-1081: GM-Schluessel fehlerhaft FFFFFFFF
    COAPI-1080: Codierschluessel fehlerhaft FFFFFFFFy
    FFFFFF80EF020332 80C91D004AR
    COAPI-1080: Codierschluessel fehlerhaft
    COAPI-1000: Fehler

In INPA, I get an error code when reading the instrument cluster: IFH-0006: COMMAND NOT ACCEPTED. Program will be stopped!

In both programs, all other modules can be read with no issue so I'm ruling out problems related to the K+DCAN cable, configuration of the COM Port, and anything related to configuration settings.

In another thread I read about a similar issue, and their root cause was a cluster short circuit. They then replaced the cluster and was able to proceed with reading the module.

What if you try read your FA from the LSZ instead?

edit: Looking at the error again it seems to me like it's either trying to perform ZCS operations, or the car is ZCS and it's trying to do FA operations on it and it's failing.
    Do you have a 09/2001 or earlier?
    Last edited by bmwfnatic; 01-10-2024, 09:33 AM.
    E46 ///M3 • 12/2002 • phönix-gelb • 6MT
    E39 ///M5 • 12/1998 • avus-blau • 6MT
    E60 ///M5 • 11/2006 • saphir-schwarz • 6MT

Comment

Hi! Thanks for taking the time to respond.

To answer your question, I actually tried reading it from ALL available options in NCS Expert (AKMB, ALSZ, EWS, KMB). I have an 06/‘02 build date so that would mean it
      should read from either the AKMB or ALSZ.

I am in the progress of sourcing another M3 cluster to test my theory of whether the instrument cluster would cause this or not.

Comment

Working...
      X