CF widened front fenders

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CF widened front fenders

Since doing no compromise weight reduction where possible, What do you guys think about these alsatek 10mm widened front fenders?
    I noticed also euroconnex also sell these. Fitment looks to be good. Price should be around 1000 per pair if I am not mistaken.
    Do you think the widening is necessary here or not?
    weight reduction should be around 5kg per pair, from the front of the car

https://www.alsatek.com/en/products/...arbon-mudguard
    Last edited by RazorM; 01-17-2024, 08:56 AM.

1.2kg each for these and realoem has the standard front fenders at 2.8. So closer to 3.2kg off total unless I’m missing something.

re: widening, definitely not for any OEM-ish street wheel options, maybe makes 9.5ET22 or 10ET25 easier for the track. Remember steering feel suffers as you push wheels out further and a 9.5et35 is a lot of tire in the front for all but the most serious track drivers.

Comment

Depends on your needs and how you want the car to look. You can run 18x10 ET25 up front with stock fenders if you run lots of camber. Some people also run 10.5" fronts with stock fenders. You can get cheaper fiberglass fenders if all you you want to lose some weight for less $$$.

If you want a wide front wheel with less camber, and if you don't mind spending a decent chunk of change on the project, these make sense.

Cost wise, I would contact the seller directly and get a quote with shipping.
      http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
      '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
      '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

The E46 M3 was a faint signal on my radar: I understood the classic appeal yet it wasn't enough to trigger an emotional purchase. Until it did. After the E92 M3, I wanted a new challenge. I might just be in over my head.

They seem to fit well, if you're having a professional body shop do it.
        2004 Dinan S3-R M3
        2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

Originally posted by repoman89 View Post
          1.2kg each for these and realoem has the standard front fenders at 2.8. So closer to 3.2kg off total unless I’m missing something.

re: widening, definitely not for any OEM-ish street wheel options, maybe makes 9.5ET22 or 10ET25 easier for the track. Remember steering feel suffers as you push wheels out further and a 9.5et35 is a lot of tire in the front for all but the most serious track drivers.
          I weighted fender some time ago and if remeber it correctly it was 3,8kg, so it actualy would be 5kg total. Just wondering since it is the front, where it’s hard to loose weight.
          but i agree that additional widening may not be needed

Comment

Originally posted by RazorM View Post
            Since doing no compromise weight reduction where possible, What do you guys think about these alsatek 10mm widened front fenders?
            I noticed also euroconnex also sell these. Fitment looks to be good. Price should be around 1000 per pair if I am not mistaken.
            Do you think the widening is necessary here or not?
            weight reduction should be around 5kg per pair, from the front of the car

https://www.alsatek.com/en/products/...arbon-mudguard
            If you buy them, please post pictures. I came across their page, and it seems they produce quality parts, so I'm interested!

Comment

are alastek parts even available to purchase and (eventually) own?

the group buy teaser thread that was on this forum was pushing 1+ years of a product "in the making"

Comment

If you’re widening the fenders and optimizing weight loss…those two don’t go together.

Comment

Originally posted by usdmej View Post
                  are alastek parts even available to purchase and (eventually) own?

the group buy teaser thread that was on this forum was pushing 1+ years of a product "in the making"

I Contacted them directly since I am from Europe and they replied right away, the product looks to be available.

widening 10mm on the arch is not anything meaningfull to the overall weight of the piece, since you are trading steel OEM piece for thin CF. The weight is still down by 70% from steel one despite widening. If you really need widening is different question…

Comment

Well it would allow you to run square setups without 4 degrees of camber, so that's nice.
                    2004 Dinan S3-R M3
                    2012 Dinan S1 X5M

Comment

i run the once popular 265/35/18 square setup at -3 degrees camber and fender clearance has never been an issue, fender liner maybe but that might have been caster related. its pretty wild to see people trying to stuff even more wheel/tire than that

outside of hardparked builds like euroconnex or bleeding edge track junkies its hard to see an application for these

Comment

FWIW I emailed the seller asking for a price, it's €940 a set plus €300 shipping if you buy from the Alsatek factory direct. So $1340 roughly. Expect to pay a little bit of import duty, call it $1500 all in.

Matt wants $1900 plus sales tax where applicable, and $300 shipping.
                        http://www.natehasslerphoto.com
                        '99 M3, Hellrot/Sand Beige, slicktop
                        '01 M3, Imola/black

Comment

Originally posted by Nate047 View Post
                          FWIW I emailed the seller asking for a price, it's €940 a set plus €300 shipping if you buy from the Alsatek factory direct. So $1340 roughly. Expect to pay a little bit of import duty, call it $1500 all in.

Matt wants $1900 plus sales tax where applicable, and $300 shipping.
                          Yeah, member only pricing though!

Comment

How are they fitting liner on this wider fenders?

Comment

Originally posted by Slonik View Post
                              How are they fitting liner on this wider fenders?
                              That was exactly the thing i was thinking About, but they say it fits. It’s also worth checking on euroconnex how they managed to fit that

Comment

Working...
                              X