Wiper Blade Refill options

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wiper Blade Refill options

It appears that the OE wiper blade refills are NLA and I'm looking for quality replacements. Any recommendations?

At one point Bosch had replacement wiper blades but those too are NLA

I prefer NOT to change the wiper blades. I only want to change the refill.

Is it 7mm trapezoid?

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...40i-3397033365

Edit: Yeah, those don't look like they will fit.
    Last edited by Slideways; 01-18-2024, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
      Unfortunately they do not. I saw them linked in another thread and bought them but they're not trapezoidal. Fitment shows for 5 series.

Comment

Originally posted by I M Legend View Post

Unfortunately they do not. I saw them linked in another thread and bought them but they're not trapezoidal. Fitment shows for 5 series.
        Maybe this - https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine-...ch/895955429a/

Comment

Is it just a cost thing? Or is there another benefit for you to not just buy the BMW replacement wipers?

Comment

Originally posted by GreyM340i View Post
            Is it just a cost thing? Or is there another benefit for you to not just buy the BMW replacement wipers?
            I believe they're NLA

Comment

Originally posted by Slideways View Post
              Have you tried them? They're not listed as compatible for E46.

Comment

Have you tried them? They're not listed as compatible for E46.

No, only compared the shape to the discontinued Bosch refills. At this point, you'll have to check images and find one that is worth trying. That VW ones looks close and it says made by Bosch.

Comment

These worked for me. Just cannot recall where I purchased them. The refills are on the left. I did have to trim them down to the appropriate length.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Snapshot.jpg Views:	0 Size:	83.0 KB ID:	249866
                  Old, not obsolete.

Comment

some much R&D goes into the wiper blades, I will forever use OEM refills. let us know if you find them!

Comment

At one point Bosch had replacement wiper blades but those too are NLA
                      If you're willing to do the Bosch replacement blades, I believe the factory replacement is P/N 3397001394.
                      A couple places still have them (O'Reilly, NAPA), but it's $60-70. A questionable seller on amazon has them for $45. I bought a set three years ago for $30.
                      Looks like this might be another part I'll need to start hording 🙄

edit: autohausaz (haven't used them before) has them for $25
                      Last edited by elbert; 01-24-2024, 09:10 AM.

Comment

The other alternative is to buy a set of Trico conventional fit wiper blade (complete with frame) and just take the rubber off it if you don't want to use the frame. This is what I had to do for my MCoupe as I couldn't find any rubber replacement for it either. You used to be able to just buy the Trico rubber replacement, which will fit, but are more difficult to find nowadays. The Trico complete frame wiper are usually under $10 a piece...so not a bad option, IMHO.

Comment

Working...
                        X