OEM Wiper Blade Refills

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OEM Wiper Blade Refills

Does anyone know the part number for the blade refills on the stock wipers (61619071613)? Real OEM says that they are no longer produced, but I see a Bosch version under a different number still for sale. Just curious if it is the same.

I recall them being discontinued a while back but then they started selling them again: https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...010247#fitment

Comment

I see that ECS also has the left side refill listed, but both show the right side as discontinued. Are the two blades identical with the exception of length?

Comment

The OE wiper blades are Bosch AeroTwin. The blades are different - they have an asymmetrical spoiler design. You can get them on Amazon, or probably your local auto parts store. In Canada, Canadian Tire stocks them.

Comment

Originally posted by Stepstools View Post
          I see that ECS also has the left side refill listed, but both show the right side as discontinued. Are the two blades identical with the exception of length?
          Yes, they're identical except for the length so you can just cut one to fit.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew 06M3Cab View Post
            The OE wiper blades are Bosch AeroTwin. The blades are different - they have an asymmetrical spoiler design. You can get them on Amazon, or probably your local auto parts store. In Canada, Canadian Tire stocks them.

https://www.amazon.ca/Bosch-33970013...ype=automotive
            Isn't it kinda silly how our WIPERS have spoilers

Comment

Originally posted by SteelGreyM View Post

Isn't it kinda silly how our WIPERS have spoilers
              It's really not a laughing matter. Some guy once told me that switching to BMW's new wipers without the spoiler ruined his aero and increased his track times by at least 10%. Also they spun his rod bearings and killed his dog.

But actually though, thanks for the responses everyone!

Comment

A simpler alternative is to purchase some wiper blade refills, and re-use your old wiper blade bodies. It’s less expensive, and you keep the driver’s side wiper body with the little air foil on it. 🙃
                Click image for larger version

Name:	862471_x800.jpg
Views:	201
Size:	22.2 KB
ID:	3253

Comment

Working...
                X